This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X100t ovf won't activate- macro mode is off

Discussion in 'X100F, X100T, X100S, X100, and X70' started by toddg330, May 18, 2017.

1. toddg330

toddg330 New Member

-Return to Top-

Hey guys,

Hopefully someone can help me out.

I just picked up a used X100t and I'm unable to get the camera to switch from EVF to OVF.

So far I've done the following:

Made sure macro mode is disabled

Reset both shooting and setup menus.

Recharged battery.

When I flip the selector, the camera has no response... no beeps or other indicators

Camera changers flawlessly from evf to rear display.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks
    Todd

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  2. deeel

deeel Member

-Return to Top-

Check that your camera is not in Panorama mode. You can look at the lcd and press the Drive button located on back surface below the shutter speed dial.

3. toddg330

toddg330 New Member

-Return to Top-

Not in panorama. I have noticed that the battery is in pretty rough shape only lasting 50 shots or so which is bad even by Fujifilm mirrorless standards. New batteries are on the way

4. Frankie

Frankie Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Happened to my X100 once...recently. A "reset" in menu cured it...need to reprogram the menu again.

Fuji FM in X-camera has many glitches...live with it or switch to another camera brand with its own can of worms.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  5. toddg330

toddg330 New Member

-Return to Top-

I absolutely agree with you that it's not that big of a deal as I prefer the evf anyway. Just looking for some input to see if I'm missing something

6. vague_logic

vague_logic Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Same happened to me a couple of days ago when I received a secondhand X100T from a reputable dealer. Luckily a firmware upgrade plus both resets have restored the functionality.

7. vague_logic

vague_logic Premium Member

-Return to Top-

May be worth removing the battery for a few hours. This seems to have been effective for fixing a few X-Trans camera aliments. Failing that I hope you are able to return it and get your money back.

8. toddg330

toddg330 New Member

-Return to Top-

My battery is about toast anyway so I've pulled the battery and have a few new ones in order. The camera has been sitting for about a day without the battery or SD card so hopefully hat will help. I'm honestly not sure if I'll mess with getting it serviced since I doubt I would use the OVF much at all. I was never a huge fan of OVF on my XPro-1