This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X100S Firmware question

Discussion in 'X100F, X100T, X100S, X100, and X70' started by Booger, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Booger

Booger New Member

-Return to Top-

I've owned, and loved, an X100S since they were introduced and had no negative issues whatsoever. I've done none of the firmware updates thinking, if it isn't broke don't fix it. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Booger

2. Oldtimer

Oldtimer Premium Member

-Return to Top-

1st thought
    I would update the firmware.

2nd thought
    I wouldn't update the firmware.

3rd thought
    I would update the firmware.

...and continue

:)

What do you want to do?

3. Beaumont

Beaumont Premium Member

-Return to Top-

What good reason is there not to update?

4. Dennisr

Dennisr New Member

-Return to Top-

Hi Booger
    Just do it and you will find the updates are worthwhile. The boffins at Fujifilm know what they are doing.
    Kind regards
    Dennisr

5. Arjay

Arjay Admin Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Fuji firmware updates don't just contain bug fixes, but also functional improvements (and Fuji often didn't describe these improvments in their release notes).

If you don't have a problem, then this is because you haven't used any of the camera's functions that needed improvements. So you feel you don't need an update (don't fix it if it ain't broke...).

However, you forget about the improvements - most (not all) are documented in Fuji's update history. What's more important however is when the last update was released, and if problems with that update were reported in the forum. I'm not aware that Fuji left any loose ends open with its last X100s firmware update.

FYI:

Please login or register to view links

In a nutshell: I would run the update; it's not going to ruin the camera, or else we'd have heard of it.

6. Oldtimer

Oldtimer Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I would second Arjay's comments. I've never had a problem with any firmware upgrade from Fuji, only benefits and functional improvements have resulted.

Apologies for my earlier flippant post. However, in the end it's really up to you. I'm sure it doesn't need a forum to convince you.