This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X100F in camera flash using ND filter

Discussion in 'X100F, X100T, X100S, X100, and X70' started by JRick, Mar 13, 2018.

1. JRick

JRick Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I've really enjoyed using OCF with the X100F, but decided to see what the in camera flash could do so I shot with manual flash at full power F4 with a 1/4000sec shutter speed and auto WB. Pleasantly surprised I could shoot directly into the sun and still get this balance. Too bad I didn't have a ladder to get up higher //lol//
    - this is how it looked SOOC
    - now i'm wondering about frying the sensor.....should i be worrying ?

Hugo:gate .jpg

Bill W and Carolyn like this.
  2. Stephen_B

Stephen_B Premium Member

-Return to Top-

That's a vivid demonstration of the advantages of a leaf shutter. Nice!
    If a Fuji can survive taking images of welding as I've seen on this forum, I doubt you'd see any damage doing what you did here, especially with the ND filter.

JRick likes this.
  3. JRick

JRick Premium Member

-Return to Top-

for sure i never do that kind of shooting without an ND filter and the built in 3 stopper is VERY handy. most of my Nikon DSLR lenses are rounded blades and i really have to stop down to ever get a nice looking sunstar, and i'm not much of a fan of lens flare in portraits. just curious since i'll prob do more like this with the X100F.
    - mostly just curious since it's contrary to basic common sense, which i commonly don't have a lot of :)

4. SausalitoDog

SausalitoDog Premium Member

-Return to Top-

very cool. I keep meaning to try something like that - this really shows how good the flash + leaf shutter combo can be.

thanks for posting this