This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X-T2 vs X-T3

Discussion in 'X-T3, X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10, X-T100' started by LionSpeed, Sep 7, 2018.

1. M4cr0s

M4cr0s Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I'm in the same boat. Had planned to preorder the T3 for at least a year. And I did. Then came a promotion with 50% off of the grip. Cancel. Re-preorder :p Going for silver. My only fear is the slightly lower contrast on the dials vs white on black.

Lumens likes this.
  2. pixelstate

pixelstate Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I went to try out the X-T3 the other day... like the fool I am I forgot to take my RRS base plate for a fit-test! Doh...
    From a visual inspection and from on-line research I think that plates should fit but the grip will not (due in part to pin location changes)

Please login or register to view links... seems like a super-charged X-T2

3. pixelstate

pixelstate Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I never had much of a problem with the diopter on the X-T2 and was concerned about the 'watch crown' action of the new diopter on the X-T3 but having used it it seems to be well designed... easy to grip and adjust and felt solid.

4. Macro

Macro Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Will you be going back soon? ;)
    Many X-T2 users are wondering if they'll need to spend another $180 for a new plate.

5. Lumens

Lumens Premium Member

-Return to Top-

That's the impression I had gotten from the reviews, left me hesitating on my purchase quite a bit. Most improvements appear to be in video which I don't do - the rest is better sensor/faster(better) AF - Good, but still nothing new that I cannot already do with my XT-2.

I have been thinking about a second camera so with the "Chinese" price I can't resist. I have been using the XT-1 as a backup, but with all the firmware improvements on the XT-2 the XT-1 is a backup ONLY - to be used if desperate - definitely not a second camera. The "VALUE" of the XT-3 just puts the competition to shame - it will be nice to have a second camera to carry a second lens.

6. Lumens

Lumens Premium Member

-Return to Top-

For my XT-2 I bought a cheap plate off Amazon for about $40. It has served me extremely well for the price - as good if not better than the $180 brand. I'll do the same for the XT-3 if the XT-2 plate does not fit.

AnthonyM likes this.
  7. Greybeard Photography

Greybeard Photography Premium Member

-Return to Top-

The MHG-XT2 grip is a thing of beauty and very functional - but £119 for a piece of metal - from online pictures the shape has definitely changed so I'm not hopeful.

8. Macro

Macro Premium Member

-Return to Top-

While clamped in an Arca clamp in portrait orientation, most L-brackets do not provide adequate clearance to attach a cable to the left-side ports. Either the open port door flap hits the clamp, or the attached cable hits the clamp.

RRS did solve that problem with the X-T2.

Work-arounds with the X-T3 may be easier as the port door is removable and the remote port is now located on the upper right side above the card slots. The remaining left-side ports may still be compromised while clamped in an L-Bracket in portrait orientation.

9. Lumens

Lumens Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I must've gotten lucky as my cheapy worked fine - I am able to connect the left side ports, but then I won't say it is easy.

10. digitalpatriot

digitalpatriot New Member

-Return to Top-

XT2 w/ grip owner here. I pre-ordered the XT3 in silver w/ grip. So excited. Thanks for these comparisons. I really hope it's delivered to my house on September 21. I haven't seen any word on when they'll actually ship or if they have enough units to ship.

Selling my 10/10 XT2, estimated 13k clicks on it, for 900. Posting it up on the bay once my T3 arrives!

11. fzdp

fzdp Premium Member

-Return to Top-

You just have to buy a cheap plate but with TWO screws. If you do not mind estethics it is easy to make it work with the left side ports for about 1€ for longer screws. It works for remote cable release from Canon.

IMG_20180915_120851550-01-01.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018 at 11:55 AM
  12. LionSpeed

LionSpeed Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Just a few more days until the arrival of my T3-Argentum.
    .... waiting a tat impatiently!

LS.

13. Ish

Ish Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I think this may be because the eyepiece looks as though it comes out further at the back. The minimum depth of the camera is the same

X-T2
    132.5mm (W) x 91.8mm (H) x 49.2mm (D) (minimum depth 35.4mm)

X-T3
    132.5mm (W) x 92.8mm (H) x 58.8mm (D) (minimum depth 35.4mm)

14. LionSpeed

LionSpeed Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I guess most of you already know this. Grip from T2 won't work with T3 due to different location of the pins. :(

001.jpg

15. Greybeard Photography

Greybeard Photography Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Yes - had heard that - still nothing definitive on the other grip - Fuji MHG-XT2 grip