This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X-T2, Nikon SB910, Godox

Discussion in 'Fuji X Flash and Artificial Lighting (LED, etc.)' started by John Beardsworth, Sep 11, 2017.

1. John Beardsworth

John Beardsworth Member

-Return to Top-

As well as my X-T2 I have Nikon kit including an SB910 flash which I would occasionally like to use with the X-T2. It'll be use off camera and in the field, and portability is important.

Can someone just confirm my understanding of Godox's gear?

As I read it, I would just need Godox's X1T-F on the camera and their X1R N attached to the Nikon SB910 flash. Is it that simple, just those two?

John

2. Woodworth

Woodworth Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I don't know if this particular combination will work but I do like Godox products and have used them with my Sony kit extensively. I think (but don't know) that the combination you suggest may well trigger the flash but will not provide TTL flash. The actual Godox flashes are pretty cheap but work very well in my experience, so buying one will not be a huge gamble.
    I do know that the Nissin i60 for Nikon can be triggered with the Nissin Air 1 Commander for Fuji and will allow TTL flash.

3. inkista

inkista Premium Member

-Return to Top-

It will work as manual-only triggering, but power control, TTL, and HSS would not be possible from a Fuji body. The X1R receivers do not system switch, the way that the built-in transceivers in Godox's own speedlights do. If you need to use the SB-910 in TTL or HSS from your Fuji gear, then the Please login or register to view links is probably a better choice. The TT350 mini flashes also do not do cross-system TTL.

If you get an X1T-N and an X1R-N, you can use the SB-910 from your Nikon camera bodies, as a TTL/HSS slave with remote power control.

What is more likely to be your best choice is to get two X1T units (X1T-N for the Nikon system, X1T-F for the Fuji), and then adding Godox speedlights, and just having one less speedlight in the Fuji bag than in the Nikon. The TT685 and V860II are both HSS/TTL capable, have built-in X transceivers, and if the firmware is updated to the latest version, can be triggered in HSS/TTL with remote power control from either an X1T-F on a Fuji body or an X1T-N on a Nikon body. If you're willing to give up TTL, the TT600 and V850II can both still do HSS and power control over radio, despite being manual-only.