This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

X-T2 Focus Point Issue

Discussion in 'X-T3, X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10, X-T100' started by Derek m, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Derek m

Derek m New Member

-Return to Top-

Hello all. New X-T2 shooter here, and I absolutely love the camera. I learned on film in the late 90's, am getting back into film, and decided go get an X-T2 as well.

Unfortunately after only 2 hours of use, I'm experiencing problems. Is this a known issue?

Taken from the video description:

"Fuji X-T2 focus point issue. I've experienced several variations of this issue. Oddly enough, it seemed to start after a handful of shots with two cards in the camera. It first seemed that slot 2 was causing the issue, but after reformatting and trying different brands/classes, the card slots seem to have no effect. I've experienced other problems such as freezing, and the camera not turning on. The issue doesn't seem to involve the lens, as removing it doesn't making the issue go away."

2. Adam Sherman

Adam Sherman Premium Member

-Return to Top-

That's not good, I hope you purchased the camera from a dealer. There shouldn't be issues with a return.

3. Mike Gorman

Mike Gorman Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Try a reset!

4. Derek m

Derek m New Member

-Return to Top-

I went ahead and returned it no issues. I didn't want to risk a reset removing the problem, only to have it come up again at a later date, complicating a refund. New camera on the way!

Adam Sherman likes this.
  5. Stephen Scharf

Stephen Scharf Premium Member

-Return to Top-

What kind of SD cards are you using?

6. Derek m

Derek m New Member

-Return to Top-

Please login or register to view linksPlease login or register to view links

7. Lumens

Lumens Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I use the same "Two Lexar 64gb 1000x UHSII" in my XT-2 one in each slot and have never had a problem. It might be I just got lucky, but I believe in using the same brand SD cards and batteries without mixing them. I have had my XT-2 since they released it and never a problem only outstanding service from my XT-2. Good Luck with the replacement.

8. Derek m

Derek m New Member

-Return to Top-

My guess is it's not related to the cards. Received my new camera and has been normal so far. Thank you for the well wishes.