This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Tips for travel in Italy & Amsterdam

Discussion in 'General Photography Discussion' started by Vaibhav, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Vaibhav

Vaibhav New Member

-Return to Top-

Hi,

I'm in Italy & Amsterdam for almost 10 days each in November 2018. Not the best month but this is all I have.
    Since I've lived most of my life in Asia, can I request for tips on where it would be good to spend time doing landscapes - preferably long exposures in both these places.

Appreciate the support.

Thank you,
    Vaibhav

2. spudl

spudl Premium Member

-Return to Top-

In Italy definitely Tuscany. Florence and Sienna but also the smaller towns like San Gimignano, Volterra, Monteriggioni etc. Plus all the beautiful Tuscany scenery with light that's fabulous! All this plus great food and wine.

3. Spock66

Spock66 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Amsterdam is a relatively compact city, I would suggest the canals at nightime for long exposure.

Italy is a large country - any specific area you are travelling to, but most of it is pretty beautiful in my experience.

4. Vaibhav

Vaibhav New Member

-Return to Top-

Hi,

Thank you for your time.

I've not decide yet on where to travel. Will have my wife and 3 year old son along - so preference is a place where they can enjoy as well as us - Away from too many people :)

Regards,
    Vaibhav

5. Bud James

Bud James Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Take the Fuji XF 10-24 for interiors and narrow streets. Also take the Fuji XF 35 and 50 f2 lenses and you are set with a lightweight kit.

Regards,
    Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at Please login or register to view links or on Instagram at Please login or register to view links.