This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Third party tele/wide converters X100(s)

Discussion in 'Fuji X Accessories' started by wasted_reincarnation, Nov 12, 2017.

1. wasted_reincarnation

wasted_reincarnation Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Hey guys, I've just wondering, have anyone tried any of third party tele/wide converters for X100 series? I've found lots of them with 49mm screw-on thread. I saw that most of them giving poor picutre quality. Have anyone tried to experiment with them? I've found teleconverter Tokina 49mm VC-1500 1,5X, and wide angle VC-1500 0,65X. Around 15 dollars piece. Will try to manage meeting with that guy whose is selling them, to try them on my X100s. I have found on web that one guy used Panasonic VW-LT2E, (10 dollars), and it gave him decent photo quality.

2. rfh1652

rfh1652 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

One of the concerns that I would have is the rear element since the fuji lens is recessed so the camera lens does not hit it. If there is not enough clearance the lens could hit it. I guess if this is the case you could use an old filter and make a spacer by removing the filter element.

wasted_reincarnation likes this.
  3. wasted_reincarnation

-Return to Top-

You are right mate. There could be a problem with rear element... If I try some of them, I will let you know, does it and how's it fit.

4. Musicophile

Musicophile Premium Member

-Return to Top-

You have a great camera with a really nice lens and want to ruin it with a cheap converter? Why would you do that? The Fuji converters are excellent. I really wouldn’t bother with cheaper stuff. But YMMV.

trainer, andyk, johant and 1 other person like this.
  5. wasted_reincarnation

-Return to Top-

You are right mate, I couldn't agree more with You. TCL from is an amazing thing, and I will surely get one, for just in case :) I was just curious about alternatives. Sometimes people dicover almost equally quality products as originals, but for much less money.

6. Musicophile

Musicophile Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Good glass remains technically important. I see absolutely no need to pay the ridiculous prices for the original lens hood or even additional spare batteries. I’m happy with JJC or cheaper battery clones.

But glass is glass. Like for filters, you’ll regret compromising.

Plus the converters are not THAT expensive.