This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Thinking of picking up an X-E1 or 2

Discussion in 'X-E1, X-E2, X-E2S, X-E3' started by kevistopheles, Aug 3, 2018.

1. johant

johant Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I just sold my X-E1 to a young photography student for €100. It is still a very capable camera, once you understand the limitations.

kevistopheles likes this.
  2. kevistopheles

kevistopheles Analog

-Return to Top-

Why? I've read a lot about folks saying they prefer the X-Trans 1. I get that the camera itself is functionally much better but what about the images did you prefer?

3. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Most of my photos are of architecture, machinery and transport, don't do people, animals or plants.
    I felt that the newer sensor gave better fine detail, but can understand that for some genres others prefer a less clinical approach
    As I said its all very subjective, more resolution in X-Trans III suits me even better, again not for everyone though.

My E2 was put up for sale on here yesterday, going with just the Pro2 and a m4/3 outfit for my drop in the rucksack camera

4. kevistopheles

kevistopheles Analog

-Return to Top-

After much consideration and looking at the options and my budget (X-E1, X-P1, X-E2 and X-E2s) the X-E2/2s looks to have the best combination of price, performance and ease of use but I keep asking myself is it worth it to spend the money when I already have an X100? I also really like the color I get from the X100 (which is easily as good as the color from my old X-P1) plus it's small, has a great OVF and free. I don't love the focal length but it's not fatal.

Also, picking up a nice clean X-E2/2s (or even a clean X-E1) plus a lens is just about the price of a ticket to Europe. Add a second lens and I'm three quarters the way to 2 tickets. I'd rather the pick door number 2.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    johant likes this.
  5. johant

johant Premium Member

-Return to Top-

The X100 is a great vacation camera, in my opinion. I just spent two weeks in Germany, Luxembourg, and northern France with just a X100T (which has the same lens as the X100, as you probably know).

6. kevistopheles

kevistopheles Analog

-Return to Top-

I'm sure it will be. I like using it and it gives me nice results. Sure, I wish it were wider angle but that's pretty much the definition of a first world problem.