This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

T2 goes into wide track zone when in manual focus?

Discussion in 'X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10, X-T100' started by BAB, Aug 9, 2018.

1. BAB

BAB Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Hi,

Is it normal for the T2 to change to a zone focus mode in manual focus, even if the menu focus mode is single point?

Thanks,
    BAB

2. ojporqpojrewpo

ojporqpojrewpo Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I think you need AF-C or AF-S

3. Greybeard Photography

Greybeard Photography Premium Member

-Return to Top-

No - its the opposite.

Assuming you are asking which focus mode the X-T2 uses for AF-ON (or AF-L) when the focus switch is turned to M.

4. BAB

BAB Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Whether the T2 is set to manual focus or single focus when I press the focus magnifier to on, the camera shows a zone focus. The zone has no focus points as in auto focus zone mode, it's just a plain screen. Is there a menu option I've missed? Thanks for the responses.

5. Greybeard Photography

Greybeard Photography Premium Member

-Return to Top-

What do you mean by “camera shows a zone focus”?

In manual focus you get the magnified area that matches the single point.

The screen showing the full focus area shows the single point and the central PD area.

6. BAB

BAB Premium Member

-Return to Top-

You're absolutely right. When I wrote the original post I had just returned from shooting the interior of a 19th century house. I always use manual focus when shooting architecture and that afternoon the magnified focus area looked more like the split image on an old rangefinder camera (two images that needed to be superimposed to be in focus.) I can't reproduce it, so perhaps I was seeing things. Or perhaps I should increase my medication :). There is a split screen option in the focus menu, but I didn't actuate it. Actually, I've never actuated that option so I'll check it to see if that was what I was seeing. Doubt it. Thanks for your time!