This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Stationary

Discussion in 'Portraits, People, & Pets' started by alexandra starr, Oct 11, 2017.

1. alexandra starr

alexandra starr Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Back out again in this outfit, which cost me about £15 altogether (shoes and lace dress from charity shop, skirt from ebay), so I am definitely getting my monies worth with this one. And to be honest I was not entirely happy with the images from my previous shoot, that wardrobe malfunction did not help.

So yesterday i decided to head out with my x-e2 to capture some autumnal colour but despite there being a carpet of fallen leaves already, the trees still look positively springlike! I ventured from the queens back garden (Sandringham country park) to the queens own private train station at nearby Wolfreton.

I do not know what made me go there, but while driving through the village I noticed the station gate was open, and me being me, I stopped the car in its tracks and had a nosey inside. I took some photos then the station master came out and kindly offered to turn the lights on for me, what a kind offer! The sun was setting but the sky was not playing ball so the station lights really helped; i took my speedlights out of the car at the weekend, so the station lights helped immensely! I took a few photos but by then I was cold and needing a shot of coffee.

Before I left I thanked the station master, and he told me I was welcome back any time to take some fashion photos, well it would be extremely rude not to! He also told me he wished more people would visit the station to take photographs, so there you go, if your ever up in Norfolk, and you have a model in tow, head over to Wolfreton!

stationarycrop.jpg

Earley Man, DaveX, Charzes44 and 3 others like this.
  2. pfogle

pfogle Puzzled

-Return to Top-

You have a great way with light, Alexandra!

alexandra starr likes this.
  3. alexandra starr

-Return to Top-

Oh I don't know about that, but next time I shoot there I shall take a couple of speedlights with me, maybe the 120cm octobox, this image was taken at 1/40th at f2.8, ISO 500, it was really dark under the canopy, even with station lights on, so a little bit more light would have been nice to play with, a definite must for when I revisit sometime!

4. alexandra starr

-Return to Top-

DSCF8042.jpg
    Another image from last night, edited slightly different!
    [​IMG]

DaveX and Charzes44 like this.
  5. DaveX

DaveX Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Two very nice shots Alexandra, I like the 1st the most because of how you got the lighting and you looking out of the frame.