This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Sony A6000 for vintage adapted MF lenses

Discussion in 'Other Cameras' started by leoda1945, Jun 9, 2018.

1. leoda1945

leoda1945 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I see the Sony A6000 body selling at $350-$450, and this is a moderately idle question, so please don't spend too much of your time formulating a reply.

I have lots of vintage lenses I use on my XPro1, XE1, XA1.
    To anyone who has actually used both Fuji and Sony bodies: is manual focusing better / easier / more accurate on Sony than on Fuji ??
    As always, thanks for your time.

2. rybolt

rybolt rybolt Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Dave, I can't respond to the A6000 in particular but I use the A7II and I have used the A7 in the past and they both beat the pants off of the X Pro1. I use both the Sony and the XT1 with MF lenses and my impression is that they are nearly equal with maybe a slight edge going to the Sony as I think the focus peaking is more visible at wider apertures.

leoda1945 likes this.
  3. Joe_lgf

Joe_lgf Member

-Return to Top-

I have had an a6000 and only used it with manual lenses. Focusing manual lenses was very easy to do , Sony has great focus peaking, and you can explore all manual focus techniques for street photography/video/action to a great effect. It also has great 1080p video. I cannot answer for Fuji, since I am about to get one now, but manual focus with the a6000 works great. I suspect that is the case with fuji for its newer generation cameras, X-E3, X-t20 etc.. Once you become proficient on focusing with manual lenses on a mirrorless camera, you will be amazed on what you can do. It is very rewarding. I presume you are not one of those "enthusiasts" that pixel peeps each photograph at 200% magnification :):)

leoda1945 likes this.