This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Problem with my new X-T1, it shows F0, shutter can't fire at all... :(

Discussion in 'X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10, X-T100' started by Enrico_1969, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Enrico_1969

Enrico_1969 New Member

-Return to Top-

I just bought my new X-T1 last month and start to learn how to use this camera, it's first time using Fuji Camera, I really love it, picture taking from this Camera is excellent and the colors is superb..!. But now.....everything is over, it won't fire anymore, the aperture shows F0 all the time.

I have tried to upgrade the firmware from 1.0 to 1.1 and success, but the problem with the F0 is still continue......
    I also bought sets of lens to accompany my new Camera, 18-55, 55-200 and 56, I changed one by one to check if the lens is source of problem, but it's not, it's the Camera....., what should I do now....... ?

2. chuckh

chuckh Member

-Return to Top-

Looks like you will need to send it in for warranty repair. Check the Fujifilm worldwide network for your area, that came with your camera documents.

3. BertiepATX

BertiepATX Member

-Return to Top-

How frustrating! It sounds like you thoroughly explored the lens as a source of the problem, but I experienced exactly the same thing last week, only to find that my lens hadn't clicked 100% in place, though it seemed to be solidly affixed to the body. As the symptoms are the same, I wonder if it might be something fixable related to your lens mount or contacts? In any case you certainly have my sympathy!

Enrico_1969 likes this.
  4. H-D Rider

H-D Rider Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Please login or register to view links

Steve

5. fiddlergene

fiddlergene Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Just a last resort attempt, do a 'reset' in the camera menu, see if that helps.

6. Enrico_1969

Enrico_1969 New Member

-Return to Top-

All many thanks, I really appreciate your respond...

I have tried all suggestions but the problem still exist, seems I am not the only person having this XT-1 problem, unfortunately I bought it in my home town, Jakarta, and now living in Luanda, Angola.
    I am not sure if Fuji has service center in Luanda..., is there any report from Fuji manufacture (made in japan) about this issue so far...., we might need their explanation, how they fix the problem in service center, can we just fix it manually or we really need Fuji technician to change the spare parts ?

7. mashgau

mashgau Premium Member

-Return to Top-

You should try to clean the camera contacts (and maybe the lenses also).

I found quickly this video "how to" : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUt-K6w7lc0

But you should try to find more explaination on the Internet or here.

If this doesn't work, Fuji is your only option I think ...

Enrico_1969 likes this.
  8. Richard_R

Richard_R Eclectic eccentric Staff Member

-Return to Top-

FO usually means that the camera thinks the lens us not connected correctly.

9. jamie allan

jamie allan Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I agree with Richard - F0 usually means the camera cannot read the lens information. You could try looking at the lens contact pins on the camera body lens mount. Make sure they all protrude to exactly the same length from the camera body.They are all spring loaded and if you use a small sharp pointed instrument you should be able to gently push each contact pin in turn back into the camera ever so slightly. Releasing the pressure you exert the pin you should see the pin return to it's original position.

Enrico_1969 likes this.
  10. Enrico_1969

Enrico_1969 New Member

-Return to Top-

Masgau, Richard and Jamie. thanks for your suggestions.....I did check lens camera connections, they are all in perfect shape and clean. I suspect it's a problem with central processing unit inside the camera, they just could not read and digest lens digital signal, the lens firmware always show version 0.0, when I tried to upgrade, the message was "Firmware Upgrade Error Contact Service Center".

11. fiddlergene

fiddlergene Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Hate to tell this to you, but from all I've read in this thread, it sounds to me like you may need to replace the motherboard. I love my X-T1, but I've had to take it in to the Fuji repair center (luckily a short drive from my home) twice for separate issues, both times the replaced the circuitry. That's the bad news. The good news is that Fuji is very good at attending to issues like this.

12. dengx

dengx Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Often it is the lens that is broken, not the camera. So check with another lens first.

13. H-D Rider

H-D Rider Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Go back and read the original post.

Hamado and lolowaro like this.
  14. George W Masters

George W Masters Active Member

-Return to Top-

I have experienced this and had to kind of wiggle the lens a bit. I think the contacts weren't working properly. Happened twice. I am not deterred.

Enrico_1969 likes this.
  15. Alveraz Ricardez

Alveraz Ricardez Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

This happened to me last week. I unscrewed the lens and screwed it back on again. You need to hear that "click". Then it was fine. Not sure if that's the problem, just backing up what others said happened to them.

Enrico_1969 likes this.
  16. whichbutton

whichbutton New Member

-Return to Top-

Well.... I have the same problem. I've had the X-T1 since April never a problem. Yesterday, I was shooting the Macy's parade and I get the F0 error intermittently and luckily made it through the day. I shot the Zeiss 35mm exclusively and did not change lenses all day. However, when I got home and turned the camera on the f0 error came on and has been on ever since. I have 5 other Fuji lenses and the f0 error shows up on all of them. It's not a lens issue. I'll be contacting Fuji first thing Monday morning and hopefully they will replace the camera immediately.

17. Peter Bendheim

Peter Bendheim Premium Member

-Return to Top-

[member=whichbutton], What was the end result of your camera issue?

18. Enrico_1969

Enrico_1969 New Member

-Return to Top-

The issue is still coming intermittently, looks like the camera has an engine problem, sometime I can use it for couple shoot, but after enjoy it for few minutes, the F0 will appear again.

19. Tadeuz45

Tadeuz45 New Member

-Return to Top-

I just dropped my XT1 at fujifilm Canada repair depot. It's a problem with the processor. My Xt1 was in a case for 6 months. Then I used it to take a short movie. and "FO" appeared. Tried another lens, same thing. it hurts as the repair estimate is $346. Now, I'm wondering if it will be worth while to carry on with this camera. Or, should I just get rid of this while it has some value, and get back to Nikon.

20. zero_qwe

zero_qwe New Member

-Return to Top-

I wwould not go back to nikon , try different mirrorless , nikon cameras are not that great, yes there built really good , maybe not break, but take lousy pictures. just bought a fuji x-t1 , just got my lens / 23mm 1.4, lens it worked a little bit , did manage to take some shots with it , pictures were just as good as my nikon d750 , ( fuji x-t1 - out of the camera) , but when i put them on my uncalibrated screen they do look different a little , a $1500 camera with a 300 to 900 dollar lens and the pictures are not that good , they should be for that price, and has ( x-t1 - bought it used , bad idea on ebay) the same problem mention above , dont know if its camera or lens related. Did like the historgram before you shoot picture , that helps.
    How much will it cost to fix my problem . Not sure. Well if they fix it , then the camera is kind of new , If the camera is not made of junk then the fix is worth it. You can resell it .