This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

pixel mapping

Discussion in 'X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10' started by fujiphile20, Sep 12, 2017.

1. fujiphile20

fujiphile20 Member

-Return to Top-

From my understanding this is a software technique that identifies "stuck" or "dead" pixels and extrapolates what the pixel or pixels would interpret if they were still functional but evaluating pixels around "stuck" or "dead" pixel or pixels and replaces it with this information.

Is this accurate ?

Also how do people use this ?
    I have done this only once since owning my camera. It doesn't actually show an image just does some processing and thats it, I guess if I don't notice anything then its fine.

2. Greg_E

Greg_E Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Which camera allows this? Certainly not my T1.

3. mugmedia

mugmedia Premium Member

-Return to Top-

X-T2 has this option, not sure about others.

4. Dirk Offringa

Dirk Offringa Premium Member

-Return to Top-

If you don't see what it did then you didn't need it anyway so don't worry ;-)

5. fujiphile20

fujiphile20 Member

-Return to Top-

Okay, found some info. It's a software technique that the allows the camera to identify "dead" or "stuck" pixels and extrapolate what they would appear like by evaluating pixels around the damaged pixel(s). Very helpful technique from what I read and highly useful. It is recommended to be done yearly.

thanks all.

6. Greg_E

Greg_E Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Well, better late than never from Fuji. We've been complaining since the X-Pro (1) about the lack of pixel mapping to "repair" (cover up) dead pixels.

Many cameras do this automatically every 2 weeks or month or so, as well as many have a manual "do it now" menu choice. On some of the Sony cameras you can do it manually by setting the camera date 2 weeks in advance and cycling the power, then after it is done you can set the date back to correct.