This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Off to Japan

Discussion in 'X100F, X100T, X100S, X100, X70, XF10' started by Asiafish, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Asiafish

Asiafish Member

-Return to Top-

Leaving Thursday at 0'Dark-Thirty for two weeks in Japan.

Usually I travel with my Leica M10 and a trio of lenses (28/2, 35/2 and 50/0.95), but this time, I'm leaving it all behind and taking just my newish Fuji X100F and the TCL-II (which I expect to spend most of the the time in the bag).

SpudX and Mopcku like this.
  2. JRick

JRick Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I live in Sasebo near the US Navy base. are you sticking to the big cities in Kanto or gonna wander around Kyushu where the weather is always nicer ?? !(@_@)!

3. username

username Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I would not advise this unless you are very comfortable with it. The idea to take much less is good but traveling with a newish camera could prove frustrating.

4. Asiafish

Asiafish Member

-Return to Top-

We've been to Japan many times and this trip are focusing on Onsen and staying close to Tokyo.

5. Asiafish

Asiafish Member

-Return to Top-

I've already taken it out for two full days of street photography and am quite comfortable with it's operation. I basically use it in almost the exact same configuration as my Leica anyway and have it configured for aperture priority, center-point only autofocus, manual ISO and shoot RAW. Really the only difference in controls between the Fuji and my Leica is that focus is controlled by a half press of the shutter instead of a manual focusing ring and of course I can switch the viewfinder to other modes, which I'm very familiar with at this point.

6. Mk1

Mk1 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

X100F will be superb don’t discount the wide adaptor it’s great

7. Asiafish

Asiafish Member

-Return to Top-

I don't own the wide adapter yet. I plan on shooting 90% of the time with just the standard lens, and would only use the tele for portraits or possibly some more intimate indoor venues.

I'll probably add the wide adapter later on.

8. SpudX

SpudX Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Enjoy the trip! I was there last November/early December and tend to visit pretty much yearly. Excellent photography playground, as you know!

9. DrSommer

DrSommer Premium Member

-Return to Top-

You will have a so wonderful time!
    5+ years ago I were in Japan with my x100 and couldn't get my finger of the trigger (2 weeks 14k of photos)