This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Nikkor 85 1.8 Ai

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Forum' started by AtSea, Apr 15, 2018.

1. AtSea

AtSea New Member

-Return to Top-

DanielMedini.com/nikon85

AC8468C2-949A-469E-B523-9224B6A340FD.jpeg

1FDA83D3-0956-4E6E-998D-9E4B5F227D65.jpeg

C32E5CC7-DAB3-4248-98D5-BB43FBFCBEA3.jpeg

E3D0CFA8-FFBB-4687-A393-6F10B2A1EBC5.jpeg

Westmill likes this.
  2. AtSea

AtSea New Member

-Return to Top-

This lens was a steal. Love the way it felt and the classic look it produced. Cheers

ig @danielmedini

34F7FF9A-0D4A-4B21-B264-CC6FC43F2B6D.jpeg

A4F2648A-2A74-4ACD-80E9-8A3625339748.jpeg

68FF9F2E-FEC8-497D-806B-BF5B5A4AEC5E.jpeg

F4018531-0F2A-4793-AF28-BCEA4F39CE16.jpeg

3. Richard_R

Richard_R Eclectic eccentric Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Beautiful pictures! However as a courtesy to other users, please post a maximum of two images in your opening post, then post a reply and include the rest of your images there (Please login or register to view links, 17th bullet point under "Posting Rules"). This works better with our What's New page.

Consider the What's New page: This page only shows the opening posts of new threads - but with all included images. This means if there's a multi-image post that users need to scroll down longer to see the other threads. This will make many users turn away and stop reading - especially if they don't just need to scroll, but also have to wait until all images have been loaded.

Mind you, I'm not trying to discourage you from showing your pictures. As a courtesy to other users who also want to showcase their images, simply post two teaser images in your next opening post, then post a reply to your own opening post and include the rest of your images there. Our portal will just display your teaser images - users who are attracted by them will subsequently click through to the thread and see the remainder of your images. This way, everyone will get his/her equal share of attention, and nobody will be put off.

4. Narsuitus

Narsuitus Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Nice lens! Great photos!

The 85mm f/1.8 shown in this photo have survived decades of use and abuse. It was the second Nikon lens I purchased back in 1969. Mine was originally a pre-AI lens that I later had AI’d by Nikon. Even though I primarily used mine for reportage type photos, it was my favorite portrait lens.

Please login or register to view links

Please login or register to view links by Please login or register to view links, on Flickr

5. Narsuitus

Narsuitus Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Now that I look at your lens, it looks like a pre-AI lens.

6. daniosauris

daniosauris New Member

-Return to Top-

Hey Richard, this was my first post so my apologies. Thank you for taking the time to let me know about that. I can see how it works now and will correct it going forward.

7. daniosauris

daniosauris New Member

-Return to Top-

8. Narsuitus

Narsuitus Premium Member

-Return to Top-

"I'd love to see some more of the photos you took with this lens back in the day - have you ever put them online?"

@Please login or register to view links

No, most of my on-line images are from the digital era.

One of these days, I may search through my boxes of slides and negatives and digitize a few of the images.