This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

new version of the Camera Remote app

Discussion in 'General X Camera Forum' started by Reg Isteredtoviewlinks, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Reg Isteredtoviewlinks

Reg Isteredtoviewlinks Premium Member

-Return to Top-

At least for Android there is a new version of the Fuji Camera Remote app available to download.

It offers the following new functionality:

・Now it supports firmware update for some cameras that offers Bluetooth® capability via smartphone or tablet devices.
    ・Now it supports Bluetooth® wireless remote control camera shutter release for some cameras that offers Bluetooth® capability.
    *Above feature varies depending on what camera you use.

Knowing how poor it is generally I'm not sure i'd trust it to carry out a firmware upgrade!!

2. Arjay

Arjay Admin Staff Member

-Return to Top-

I've never had a problem with this app. Its user-friendliness may not meet the very highest standards, but it is stable and reliable. Can you be more specific about your problem?

I cannot comment on the quality of the app's bluetooth functionality because I don't own a Bluetooth enabled Fuji camera.

Some users have reported problems establishing a WiFi link between their smartphone and their camera* - the added Bluetooth function is said to improve this.

Here's a guide to Fuji's Camera Remote App (follow the enclosed links for its various functions):
    Please login or register to view links

* We've had a number of threads about this issue - it generally seems to be the consensus that this could be due to an interaction between the smartphone's Mobile Internet (via GSM) function and its WiFi functionality which both compete in establishing an Internet link. Disabling Mobile Internet resolves this conflict in the majority of cases. There may also be incompatibilities with certain smart phone models.

3. Reg Isteredtoviewlinks

-Return to Top-

I don't have Bluetooth either, my post was in the interest of communication.

I don't have a problem connecting, and don't need to switch anything off, it just connects.

My issue with the app is the usability once connected. It doesn't allow swapping between the functions - browsing, remote etc without disconnection and reconnection. But for a one off browse and download it's fine.

I'd like to be able to go between remote and browse without having to disconnect and reconnect.

4. elfroggio

elfroggio Member

-Return to Top-

Actually, you can, but it's not obvious.

In the capture module, you can press the play (green arrow) and suddenly you are in the browse image without going to the browse module. And by tapping on the image you can view it larger.

Thanks

Syv

5. Reg Isteredtoviewlinks

-Return to Top-

T
    Thanks very much, I'll give it a try.

6. Reg Isteredtoviewlinks

-Return to Top-

Yes, thanks works but as you say not obvious.
    You can go back to remote by pressing the white arrow at top.
    So movement between browse, both ways, is possible. I'll use it more. Thanks again .