This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

My underwater adventure

Discussion in 'Strobist/Flash' started by newboy, Jun 12, 2018.

1. newboy

newboy Member

-Return to Top-

Hi
    I bought my X-T2 a few months back and have really enjoyed it - I also scuba dive so a plan formed..

Is it hard to get a housing in Manila!!
    But Nauticam NA-XT2, Retra strobes and 60mm macro in hand...off I went to Anilao

Still learning - I also need to find out file size max!!

DSCF5123.jpg

DSCF5192.jpg

DSCF5553-2.jpg

yashica boy and Kirstybell like this.
  2. newboy

newboy Member

-Return to Top-

mispost

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  3. newboy

newboy Member

-Return to Top-

4. Tim Bumgarner

Tim Bumgarner Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Nicely done!

Coincidentally I'm leaving for the Philippines tomorrow morning to do the very same thing! I have the very same setup as you. I've used that setup in March in Cozumel as well. I think it has great potential, it's just a matter of adjusting to this new setup. Before this I used a Nikon D7000 with the 60 and 105 macro lenses, a bit of a different feel that's for sure. I was really hoping that Nauticam would get a port done for the 80mm macro, but alas, I'll have to go with the 60mm again. I did pick up Nauticam's wet lenses to give me some better magnification. I'm curious how well they will work. If I manage to get anything I'm happy with, I'll definitely be posting some pictures on the forum.

newboy likes this.
  5. newboy

newboy Member

-Return to Top-

I am "told" that it's possible to use an extension on the port for the 80 but haven't seen it yet...

SMC-1?
    Interested to see what they allow... I mainly dive in Anilao as it's 3 hrs max from Makati - so it means I can day trip at a push...

Awesome diving - I intend to take an UW course in 2 weeks with Mike Bartick... so here's hoping I get better