This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Modern processor and non-Sony sensors on Fuji cameras

Discussion in 'General X Camera Forum' started by Francisco Veiga, Nov 10, 2017.

1. johant

johant Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Yes, that is why we have pre-filled income tax forms here.

Of course it is scary to see how much the government knows about you already ... ;)

2. robert

robert Administrator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

It would be simple to have a verbose mode the user could enable/disable.

There are unending number of UI improvements that could be implemented, from the very minor (grouping things better) to the very major; say, a complete redesign into something at least similar to smart phones circa ten years ago :)

3. HSimon

HSimon Premium Member

-Return to Top-

You will love it the first time and you will hate it if used more frequently. Even you have to press a button.

Fuji has the Q-Menu and you will not see dos prompt lines. But is there another way as to list the items vertical? Every smartphone is doing it the same way

4. robert

-Return to Top-

As stated above, this option could be disabled. Presumably as the user becomes proficient it would no longer be needed. Or it could be re-enabled if the user wanted an explanation for a rarely used situation.

5. Dan Hillier

Dan Hillier Premium Member

-Return to Top-

FWIW, I have a different opinion and find professional cameras much easier in this regard. I know it is older technology and lacks a lot of the features of current cameras, but with my Canon 1Ds Mkii, pressing a combination of three buttons controls most camera settings. And virtually all settings are controlled directly by a button or dial somewhere on the camera. Apart from formatting cards, there is rarely a reason to even go into the menu. It is the simplest digital camera I own.

6. HSimon

HSimon Premium Member

-Return to Top-

We are talking about 2 different things. My replay addresses the behavior of the menu system. You are talking about "concepts".

7. Mr. Pick

Mr. Pick Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I guess I have a unique approach to camera menus. I figure out how to make the camera do what I want it to do when I first get it, and then I take pictures with it. With my X-T1 virtually everything I ever need to adjust for 99.99% of the shots I take is on one of the dials or function buttons. Formatting a card is about the only thing I dive into the menus for these days, and I know right where to find that.

CWRailman likes this.
  8. robert

-Return to Top-

And if there were a modern, intuitive UI, there would be a lot more functions and features that would be easy/simple to use.

Buttons and dials are great but there simply isn’t enough physical space to have every feature attached to one or the other.

A well-designed intuitive UI means the user will get more out of the device, and with context-sensitive help, it could almost eliminate the need for a user manual.