This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Manual focus mode keeps resetting on X-T2

Discussion in 'X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10, X-T100' started by Rolf F, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Rolf F

Rolf F New Member

-Return to Top-

Dear Folks!

I am enjoying very much my Fuji X-T2 with battery grip for butterfly photography. Mostly I use focus peaking to aid the manual focussing but it is continually resetting to standard or even split screen and I have no idea how! Obviously I am inadvertently pressing some combination of buttons whilst handling the camera but I have never been able to get it to happen under controlled conditions. It doesn't seem to make any difference if the battery grip is locked or not.
    I've not messed too much with the default settings. Please help - this drives me nuts and costs me good shots as it is always a faff to reset back to how I want it.
    I wish I could just lock out the functionality that I know I'll never need!
    Thanks in advance for any ideas..>Rolf

2. JimFenner

JimFenner Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Same on my XP2. +1 on your wishes
    Good luck

Rolf F likes this.
  3. Doug Pardee

Doug Pardee Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Any chance you're long-pressing the rear command dial?

Rolf F likes this.
  4. Rolf F

Rolf F New Member

-Return to Top-

Ahhh, yes, thanks Doug. There is every chance I am long pressing the rear command dial. Infact, I would call it a 100% chance! So thanks for that. And I guess, given the quietness of the manual on the subject, I can't stop it doing this?

Actually, I can on Fuji lenses - AF-assist seems to achieve what I want anyway but I'd still like to know how to avoid the issue with fully manual lenses. Though thinking about it maybe just not using M mode would do it?

Thanks anyway - even if I get no further the mystery is solved..... :)