This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Land of hope and glory!

Discussion in 'Portraits, People, & Pets' started by Mike Gorman, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Mike Gorman

Mike Gorman Premium Member

-Return to Top-

A choral society performing “Land of Hope and Glory” as a tribute to the last night of the proms!
    X-H1 + 18-55mm 2.8/4. @ 1/50 f5.6 ISO3200
    CBFF13E2-6DE8-4FFF-A507-FA83A8AEDD9B.jpeg

CWRailman likes this.
  2. Jelster

Jelster Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

How are you getting on with that X-H1 Mike?

I read nothing but good things about it... What lenses are you using it with? I'm looking to update my lens line up, as I'm outing the 80mm and replacing it with the 50-140, and I'm thinking about the 16-55. That will give me 10mm to 400mm in zooms, plus 16, 35 & 60mm with primes (I'm after a 23 f1.4 too). The IBIS on the H1 will help with the primes.

Mike Gorman likes this.
  3. JRick

JRick Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Mike
    i'm also curious how it's going. how much is IBIS playing a role in your shooting ?
    to be more specific, were the settings you used in this shot made possible due to the IBIS ? seems like a rather high ISO, and i can't tell how brightly the room was being illuminated, etc
    (i'm assuming this was handheld and no flash of course)

4. Mike Gorman

Mike Gorman Premium Member

-Return to Top-

JRick and Jelster, I’m really happy with the X-H1, there was no stage lighting at all and yes hand held at arms length I always try not to use flash anyway. Other than a bit of cropping there was no PP. The hall lighting to my eyes seemed to be normal gloomy hall lighting! I tend to let ISO take care of itself(rightly or wrongly) but generally I’m very happy! This is typical of my photos in that the quality pleases me.
    My investment in the X-H1 is good for me! I considered the 16-55 2.8 but at nearly £1000, I’m not sure I will see a great improvement, to warrant the expense, but there is an itch in the wallet. :(
    Another from the concert of the string quartet, @ 1/35 f5.6 ISO1250.
    FBAF061A-204B-4D62-A487-0B9EB5F02D6E.jpeg
    Again a little cropping only!

yashica boy likes this.