This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I have a new camera coming

Discussion in 'General Photography Discussion' started by alexandra starr, Jan 11, 2018.

1. alexandra starr

alexandra starr Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Its a Canon EOS M5 with a kit lens...

Before you all spit your tea out in surprise, I did not buy this camera, in fact i only found out this evening that it was on the way...

I am not making much sense am I? Ok, well, I won it in an online christmas prize draw organised by another photography forum that i have been a member of since 2010 or there abouts, i signed up in 2006 but deleted my account like a fool but then rejoined.

Anyways, it is second prize, and not a bad prize to be honest, not a camera i have looked at, paid much attention to or watched many online reviews, but i will most likely use it anyway, I mean, why not? Its a free camera, i am not going to grumble about that!

This year literally has got off to a winning start!

2. Richard_R

Richard_R Eclectic eccentric Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Congratulations. From what I have seen the EOS M5 is a pretty nice camera especially at the price you are paying.

alexandra starr likes this.
  3. alexandra starr

-Return to Top-

Yeah, i gather its a baby EOS 8D or something similar, again nto a camera i am familiar with, kinda lost interest in canon camera's around when the 550D came out, but photography is all about the experience, my x-e2 has everything i need on one dial and one fn button, as well as the aperture rings, the whole experience is similar to using my old film slr's, its more familiar to me than most modern cameras. But i will definitely put the M5 through its paces, could be my new video camera!

4. Fujiphotog

Fujiphotog Amateur photographer.

-Return to Top-

I'm sure you will find a use for it, and the price is right.

alexandra starr likes this.
  5. alexandra starr

-Return to Top-

Oh definitely, ill make a bit of room in my hadley pro bag for sure :)