This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Hello from Manchester UK

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Chris Manchester, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Chris Manchester

Chris Manchester Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Hi everybody. Like a lot of people I was tired of heaving my weighty Canon DSLR and associated lenses around, and have part-exchanged that lot for a more manageable XE2S, an 18-55 kit lens, and a 50-230 telephoto.

I've been retired for nearly two years, and now need to get out more and get snapping.

2. seagrove01

seagrove01 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Welcome aboard, Chris! I, like you, parted ways with my SLR/DSLR gear in retirement. I have gone from two Nikon D2H bodies and lenses ranging from 12mm to 300mm that I used for newspaper shooting to just a Fuji X100S (w/TCL & WCL) for digital and a Yashica Electro35 GS (bought by my dad in London in 1972!) for film. I have my regrets sometimes when I see a image that I cannot get due to focal length constraints but don't plan on changing my retirement decision. Right now I have the TCL mounted on the X100S which I call my version of Cartier-Bresson's M3 and 50mm Summicron. I figure if it was good enough for HCB I can live with what I have for what years I have left. I even have a one-week exhibition planned at the local arts center in the next few weeks. Hopefully, you will find the lighter weight more to inspiring to "get snapping"!

3. jknights

jknights Moderator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Welcome to the forum.
    You will find some big differences between the Canon and the Fuji. They are differences not necessarily advantages/disadvantages!

If you have questions then please just ask away. Create a new thread for the questions.

4. jeffh942

jeffh942 Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Hello and welcome to the forum, we share a similar local area as well as owning exactly the same kit, me plus a 10-24.

5. Angus

Angus Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Welcome Chris. I’m sure you will enjoy the forum.
    Angus

6. Chris Manchester

Chris Manchester Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks for the welcome, fellas....much appreciated!

7. Mervington

Mervington Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I'm sure that you always keep in mind that What Manchester does today, the World does tomorrow! Set a new lead! Don't just follow the old fogeys on this forum. Although, I have to admit they can be just a tiny bit helpful on very rare occasions.

8. Max Fstop

Max Fstop Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Enjoy the forum Chris, enjoy yourself here :)