This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Going from X-T2 to X-T20

Discussion in 'X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10' started by Jdam, Apr 9, 2017.

1. StephenL

StephenL Pixel scutcher

-Return to Top-

Would you buy a new Fiat who released a model with an uprated engine 12 months later and expect yours to also be uprated?

2. Adam Hafner

Adam Hafner Member

-Return to Top-

I think that if there are "bugs" or issues with the X-T10 current firmware, and those issues are presented to Fuji Support, then they would write new Firmware. The more fully fleshed out the model is when it is released, the less room for updates. The X-T10 was a "fully baked" solution when it came out...as far as the 2nd Gen sensor/Processor Combo goes. The major FW update for the X-T1 was simply to bring that camera up to the specs of the X-T10. Not much room to go from there. I would doubt that the X-T20 gets MAJOR kaizen updates in its lifespan since its a pretty well fleshed out solution at initial firmware.

Also, the price of the X-Tx0 series is another consideration for Fuji. They cant make it more functional and feature rich than the X-Tx series.

fatdeko likes this.
  3. sandroamt

sandroamt Active Member

-Return to Top-

Sorry, I don't follow you here, I never buy fiat, only Opel until now :p but I don't know what my next car will be... I'm not a "brand fan"!
    Just some month ago I did buy an old used nikon d70s just for some feature I like to experiment with, that my X-T10 don't has (well no other affordable camera has ;) )

EDIT: opel is vauxhall for UK ;)

4. StephenL

StephenL Pixel scutcher

-Return to Top-

I used to own an Opel Manta (first generation) when Opels were proper cars, not GM clones. :D

johant likes this.
  5. sandroamt

sandroamt Active Member

-Return to Top-

Just the x-t1 last-one:
    • Firmware upgrade function for EF-X500 is added
    And if you look in this forum you can find some minor bugs x-t10 has. And I don't think fuji don't know of it, if so, then there is few to trust in fuji! Better to not to support a camera anymore for marketing purpose than because they don't know bugs!

6. sandroamt

sandroamt Active Member

-Return to Top-

I was only a child then but there was the father of a friend that owned an Opel Manta I was envious of ;)

StephenL likes this.
  7. johant

johant Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Ahh ... ein Mantafahrer

StephenL likes this.
  8. The world can't wait

The world can't wait New Member

-Return to Top-

That was a tipping point for me, too...full auto mode. I need my Fuji's for very low light shooting without flash. I borrowed an X-T2 and found the "p" is basically auto...not sure how they will compare

IMG_0866.JPG

Vincent_H likes this.
  9. The world can't wait

-Return to Top-

The X-T2 focusing is amazing! The Symphony Space in NYC is lovely...and very, very dark...

IMG_0908.JPG

Vincent_H likes this.
  10. Vincent_H

Vincent_H Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Beautiful, what lens?

11. Adam Hafner

Adam Hafner Member

-Return to Top-

From what I can tell the only difference between the X-T2 and the X-T20 focusing is the ability to build one custom continuous AF scenario. All of the other cases are identical.

Now, my previous DSLR is a Nikon D3100 so, the focus on the X-T20 is worlds better as far as speed, sensitivity, coverage, and accuracy. Now, my brief stint with my Canon 5dIII was a different story but I don't remember it being WAY better.

Someone with more experience with both could speak better.

12. mikEm13

mikEm13 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

If the X-T20 was out when I bought I would have had a hard look at both to justify the difference in money.

13. Adam Hafner

Adam Hafner Member

-Return to Top-

I had a really hard time deciding between the two. If someone NEEDED one of the additional features that the X-T2 has, then the price difference is easily justified. The price difference isnt drastic but enough to add a lens...maybe two...to an X-T20 users bag. Look at the price difference between say a Nikon D7200 and D500...or Canon 6D and 5D mIV those have much larger price gaps for a a single jump upstream.

14. The world can't wait

-Return to Top-

Thank you! Believe it or not, the xf 16-55 kit lens! I had my 35 1.8 (?) and didn't bother to swap it out. Now all I need is a comparably difficult shoot to compare the X-T20 to the X-T2.

15. Osa713

Osa713 Member

-Return to Top-

I debated between the two before the X-T20's release and I went with the X-T2 because of ergonomics. It fits my large hands better and the EVF is bigger.

I played with and X-T10 before the 20 came out and it felt like i was handling a toy camera. For me the X-T2 was the best of both worlds, not too small and not too big.

16. JeffLiban

JeffLiban Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

The X-T20 like the X-T10 is a lovely smaller retro style camera, the X-T2 is closer to a ''classic'' DSLR camera, personally I like both