This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

FujiFilm XT-3

Discussion in 'Fujifilm X News & Rumors' started by Fred Seaver, Mar 11, 2018.

?
  1. Ken Wheeler

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Xt-3 add

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. George S.

George S. Premium Member

-Return to Top-

If that's it, I'm not impressed.

2. mikEm13

mikEm13 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Interesting, thank you.

3. cug

cug Premium Member

-Return to Top-

You can easily compare them on dpreview.com in their comparison tools in the review. Noise from the A9 is pretty horrible. The A7 III noise performance is very, very good. Much better than current x-trans in my opinion.

I had an A7 III here for a while and the overall performance is incredibly impressive. Low light video especially, low light photos as well, ease of post-processing raw files in Lightroom is way ahead of what I have to do for my Fuji files to get results I like (at least for landscape photography, I didn't do much portraits during that time) and if you pick carefully, the lenses are reasonable in size and incredible in quality. Although more expensive than Fujinons. Oh, and the autofocus isn't even in the same universe as the Fujis. It's just plain a non-issue anymore, even compared to my 5D IV. I know that people here like to whistle in the dark, but Sony has pulled off something incredibly impressive.

But everything comes with a few downsides: the handling and just plain usability of the A7 III is still terrible. The menu is bloated and badly organized, the camera layout getting better but still suboptimal, the ergonomics okay but significantly behind an X-T2 or X-H1, the feel of the camera is pretty good, but it still doesn't feel as solid as even a Fuji, which is still a far cry from a Nikon or Canon Pro body.

Right now I'm still debating switching to Sony and just getting used to the crappy interface. Staying on Fuji feels a bit like staying with a Mac in the times of Mac OS 8 or 9. You stay for nostalgic and some usability and possibly, in certain cases, productivity reasons, but are so far behind the technical curve it literally feels embarrassaing ...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  4. YogiMik

YogiMik Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Just wait a little, and Fuji will pull out something really nice.
    I'm myself very impressed with A7III performance, but I still do not let myself into Sony experience. Never again.

5. Paul Reading

Paul Reading Member

-Return to Top-

I thnk that you have hit the nail on the head. The Sony is nothing less than staggeringly good technically but I will bet that most people here bought the Fuji's because they liked the usability of the cameras, I did.

I bought the Fuji because I wanted the manual shutter control and aperature control without having to dig through menus. The quality of the photo's is for me good enough. However I have been a lot of comments by landscape photographers that they do not like the way Fuji renders landscapes and they prefer Canon or Nikon. LR is simply awful with Fuji X-Trans and I suspect that Fuji woudl be more appealing for a much bigger audiance if they switched sensors. fuji are a much nicer company than Sony to their customers and I think that they understand photography better but I thin that x-trans will have to go.

To me the X-trans is like a replay of Steve Jobs trying to convince the public that the PowerPC chip was better than Intel. Well he made a good case for a number of year but in the end he was forced to change and when he did sales exploded. This I think is what will hapen to Fuji if they switch sensor technology. I think that many professionals have given Fuji a try and have backed away because of the technology.

6. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Can't see it really being for me as a X-Pro2 user, but always interested in the latest technology which will drip down the line at a later date.
    My daughter is going to Photokina for a couple of days, will ask her to give it the once over if its out by then.

7. mikEm13

mikEm13 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Removed, it was a bad joke.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018