This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

FujiFilm XT-3

Discussion in 'Fujifilm X News & Rumors' started by Fred Seaver, Mar 11, 2018.

?
  1. Ken Wheeler

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. Xt-3 add

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. Fred Seaver

Fred Seaver New Member

-Return to Top-

I begining to see rumors XT-3 coming out 2018? any more info?

2. FORUM USER

FORUM USER Premium Member

-Return to Top-

It's gone over my head I'm afraid. More info about what? What rumours have you seen that you'd like more info on?

What's the significance of the vote?

Who's Ken Wheeler?

dincz likes this.
  3. mjm obrien

mjm obrien Member

-Return to Top-

Please login or register to view links
    He has 3 You Tube names. Ken Wheeler, The ****************** and Theoria Apophasis... Click the link if you Dare.

4. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Sorry, no idea what you are asking, I'm not being awkward, but guessing English isn't your native tongue.

5. He is just babbling about the exposure compensation dial and guessing about form factor. I see nothing in the video that is credible.

6. Peter H

Peter H Premium Member

-Return to Top-

7. Kev7d

Kev7d Premium Member

-Return to Top-

No interest in the possible X T3, I just love my X T2. :D

8. mjm obrien

mjm obrien Member

-Return to Top-

This
    Please login or register to view links

9. Randys

Randys New Member

-Return to Top-

10. Randys

Randys New Member

-Return to Top-

No IBIS, Pixel count between 24Mp and 30Mp. Announcement Photokina 2018 September 26-29

11. Richard_R

Richard_R Eclectic eccentric Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Blind Fredy could start those sort of rumours based on nothing more than examining Fujis product release history.

X-T1 - released January 2014
    X-T2 - released July 2016
    X-T3 - you fill in month with 2018 after it.

This is a Photokina year as were 2014 and 2016 so Fuji along with every other major player in the camera industry will have significant product releases in the lead up to Photokina in early September.

lcatcher54 and CWRailman like this.
  12. lightningwizard

lightningwizard Premium Member

-Return to Top-

But what if it is the X-Pro3? Previously the X-Pro series was released before the X-T. This also gives the X-H1 more sale time as X-T3 will be competing with it.

13. Brian Kimball

Brian Kimball Active Member

-Return to Top-

The X-H1 is very late to the party. X-Trans III began selling 3/3/2016, over two years ago.

Fuji has really screwed up the timing here.

As soon as the X-T3 is released the X-H1 becomes somewhat pointless as a flagship. Sure, it's got IBIS, but it will have a sensor that will be close to 3 years old compared to the X-T3's sensor.

So do you release an X-H2 soon after the X-T3, or do you let the X-T line once again define the flagship? And then do we wait another 1-2 years for an X-H2? Or release it earlier and anger all the X-H1 adopters?

I am really curious to see how Fuji handles this. IMHO their product line is becoming too fragmented, with releases with the same sensor spread way too far apart.

Scott Mize likes this.
  14. Jonimages

Jonimages Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I would guess Fuji will release the X-H2 next year and get the cycle of all three top of the line cameras within a year or so of each other. It may be a case of having the X-t3, Xpro-3, X-H2 and maybe a new X100 camera in the same year, followed by the next year having the lesser cameras updated with the new sensor.

Or, Fuji could decide to use different sensors which I hope they don't.

Brian Kimball likes this.
  15. Richard_M

Richard_M Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Have APS-C sensors advanced much in the past couple of years? Nikon, have dropped from 24MP to 20MP for their top end APS-C bodies. Has anyone released an APS-C sensor of more than 24MP?

What I've been seeing is more smarts built into the cameras and utilising some smarts from mobile phones.

This is why IMO, devices like Arsenal will bring many bodies closer together.

16. Richard_R

Richard_R Eclectic eccentric Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Agree I think AI is the next frontier for all camera makers.
    For mirrorless camera makers it is still three things. EVF refresh rate and blackout minimisation, focus acquisition speed, focus lock for moving subjects. These three things have all improved but are still behind even middle range DSLR performance IMO.

17. Tarmoo

Tarmoo Premium Member

-Return to Top-

The XT2 was a significant upgrade from the XT1. However, from the info here .. it look like the XT3 has only marginal improvements over the XT2. Given the lack of IBIS in the XT3, the XH1 would be my choice over the XT3.

18. Lumens

Lumens Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I am curious what the XT-3 will bring. So far rumors indicate new sensor and improved AF - that is almost required with an upgrade so nothing I see as exciting. I haven't heard much more than that. Having pre-ordered the XT-2 and used it since the day of release I am still in love with my XT-2. I would think Fuji has a job just trying to find something to improve.

I do have to agree with Richard_R, AF is the most likely area for improvement, although I find the AF in the XT-2 to be quite adequate. So to me, so far I don't see a reason to let go of my XT-2, but that remains to be seen until the actual specs for the XT-3 come out. IBIS could have been added to entice more XT-2 users to upgrade, but I suspect that would add size & weight to the camera with only slightly improved stability on those lenses without OIS. The 90 f2 comes to mind here.

Improved dynamic range is another area that could be improved and I suppose that comes with the new sensor, but I will need some convincing first.

Also they say the XT-3 will have a smudge screen. To me it just makes no sense to smudge up the screen with the most important information. I need that screen to provide the information I need to get good images. I see what they call a "Touch Screen" as a MAJOR detriment to the camera. I know it is popular and everyone thinks it's cool, but I just don't see any sense in smudging up my most important screen - makes no sense to me.

I am sure there will be plenty of marketing when the XT-3 comes out, but if new sensor and improved AF is all they got, the XT-3 will be more want than need. When the XT-2 came out the AF on the XT-1 was slow to say the least. With the XT-2 the AF was so greatly improved it seemed more of a need than want. I wait for the specs to come out before I will make a decision as to whether I need to upgrade.

fugu 82-2 likes this.
  19. Jonimages

Jonimages Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Depends on significant improvements. If the Xt-3 uses a 28 mp BSI sensor this could increase DR and high ISO noise performance, while also maybe allowing for a virtual IBIS in software, not hardware.

There are things still shooters still want with fuji and that's an increased buffer, better battery life etc. For some shooters if Fuji keeps with history and listens to the users these could be major improvements to some people.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  20. Randys

Randys New Member

-Return to Top-

These are all good points here. I don't own a fujifilm camera yet, thinking about getting the x-h1 for Ibis, because I may be doing a long Thru hike. Size and weight are important, so if I don't need a waist high tripod, that is a good weight and size savings. If Fuji wants to keep selling the X-h1, that will be tough to do if X-t3 did come out with Ibis, so I don't think they can do that. More pixels on X-T3 and BSI would be definite sales to Fuji for that camera, and maybe enough to make me wait to see what happens with this camera, I am a confessed pixel peeper. If the rumors are off the mark and X-t3 did get IBIS, then that camera would have Eterna, and at that point, I get everything I want, I won't hold my breath. As it is right now, I am having to buy another camera to get me through to announcement date of what the X-t3 assets are going to be.