This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Fuji X-T20 Firmware update wishlist

Discussion in 'X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10' started by Adam Hafner, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Adam Hafner

Adam Hafner Member

-Return to Top-

I haven't seen this yet so I thought I would start one. I've had my X-T20 for about 2 weeks now and absolutely LOVE it. I would be perfectly happy if nothing changed in firmware so please don't read this list as a bunch of gripes. Mostly just small tweaks or enhancements that would make it even more enjoyable.

Well, here is my list in order of importance to me. Would love to see everyone else's.

1. Front Command Dial/Button programmable. Would love to have the additional function button to use for ISO, etc.
    2. Touch screen menus...at least quick menu. Pretty self explanatory.
    3. Bracketing expansion to 5 or 7 shots +- 3 EV. I realize we probably wont see 9 frames but 5 or 7 would put it more on par with similar price range competitors.
    4. Named Custom Settings.
    5. 1/3 stop adjustments disable.

Thats my list. Thoughts?

pharyngealized, DKR and Randy Stiefer like this.
  2. The world can't wait

The world can't wait New Member

-Return to Top-

I spoke with a rep at Fuji corporate and he says the X-T20 upgrade will include the ability to program the front wheel to ISO!! I couldn't be happier. It

Randy Stiefer likes this.
  3. The world can't wait

The world can't wait New Member

-Return to Top-

Answered one of my big deals...ISO dial....and the evf is still smaller...but the price! The rep seemed very excited about the X-T20. The week before I called was told it had a different processor. I called back and said it isn't and he said I didn't understand and acted like only cell phone folks would consider the t20 and was really snotty. It was the release date for the X-T2 upgrade but still..

4. Bruce K

Bruce K New Member

-Return to Top-

Want to be able to assign PC Autosave in the playback menu to a button so all I need do is press one button rather than navigate through the menus.

The world can't wait likes this.
  5. Bruce K

Bruce K New Member

-Return to Top-

I would like to see improvements to how the X-T20 connects to the iOS app, and the PC Auto Save connection to the computer. I doubt I'm alone when I say it's great to be able to connect to my iPad to see the screen of the camera, but OMG there are a lot of steps. Please make this simpler like have the app choose the wifi connection and keep it as default as long as the camera is on. I just want to open the app and it does the rest. I open the app, it connects. I close the app, it disconnects. Simple.

Same thing with PC Auto Save, although there are a few less steps there. What I'd really like is a default setting that PC Auto Save is always running. I went back to using my Eye-Fi card today. That's how I want PC Auto Save to work. Shoot a picture, it goes to the computer... done!

6. TMoore

TMoore New Member

-Return to Top-

Would like to see an adjustable shut off time or at least a 10min option.

7. Bruce K

Bruce K New Member

-Return to Top-

Add exposure meter to the iOS app. I'm surprised it's not there now.

8. Randy Stiefer

Randy Stiefer Active Member

-Return to Top-

That's great news!

9. Luis Costa

Luis Costa Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

The possibility of making the front dial programmable is my main wish for the next firmware update. I was so used to that in my X-T10, I really miss it in the X-T20.

Also, not sure if this is possible with a firmware update, but an improvement on the speed of the eye sensor would be great too.

A more far-fetched update would be the possibility to assign the custom profiles in the raw conversion options, instead of having to set each parameter manually.

10. sandroamt

sandroamt Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Sorry for copy/past from my old x-t10 related post on another site: it would be nice a focus catch mode: one should set both the manual focus at some distance (either with native or adapted lenses) and a "phase focus" spot/zone; after the shutter button is depressed, the camera should wait for the phase detector AF to sense a focus match and only then takes a (focused) photo!
    X-t10 never had such featured firmware... And x-t20?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  11. pharyngealized

pharyngealized Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Also, beside assignable Front Command Dial/Button, please make the Trash button assignable as well, just the way it is in x70.
    How about assigning something else to the AUTO switch? Like, turning on wifi, preview exp./wb in manual mode etc... I mean, some people will never use it to turn th e full AUTO mode anyway.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    sandroamt likes this.
  12. pharyngealized

-Return to Top-

Also, adjustable eye sensor sensitivity, please. Because when in "eye sensor" trying to shoot with touch screen it blacks out when the hand is too close to it.
    And having an option to toggle only between 2 view modes.
    Disabling that "button" on the touch screen would be nice or assigning its functions to a hardware button or moving it to left top corner of the screen as to minimize chance of accidentally touching it.

13. DaveX

DaveX Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I found out this morning that Firmware 1.02 came out.

14. pharyngealized

-Return to Top-

Downloaded updated is read by the camera as 1.01 for some reason.
    Also, the file name is the same as the previous update (1.01)

15. Arjay

Arjay Admin Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Did you delete the old V 1.01 FW file from your download directory before downloading the latest version?

sandroamt likes this.
  16. pharyngealized

-Return to Top-

Gotcha. Thank you.

17. DaveX

DaveX Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I have found that if you switch off the LCD and use just the EVF the battery life is not too bad at all, think I`ve only had the camera coming up to a week, and I have taken over 1,500 shots on a charged once. What I do is, I might see a shot I want so switch on take the shot and switch off.