This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Focous issue with X-100F

Discussion in 'X100F, X100T, X100S, X100, X70, XF10' started by mr500cm, Jul 11, 2018.

1. mr500cm

mr500cm Member

-Return to Top-

I was shooting photos early this morning with my X100F and three times the camera would not focous and it locked up. The only wasy to clear it as to shut the camera down and when I did I heard the focus mechinism sound like it was re setting. It did this three times during my shoot. I'm running the latest firmware, all seems well now.... anyone else have this issue?

Lance

2. SausalitoDog

SausalitoDog Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I've had "funny" stuff happen but shutting down and restarting has always fixed it.

Having the problem 3 times makes me think "battery"? Are you using fuji brand batteries? was it fully charged? If it wasn't fully charged and it's working again, I would consider it fixed and forget about it...

Good luck

3. Owen Gallagher

Owen Gallagher New Member

-Return to Top-

Where you by any chance using a filter screwed directly to the camera without using a lens hood?

4. Sarawak

Sarawak Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I sometimes get that but only when using either the TCL or WCL.
    It's to do with the camera not being able to focus properly so it gets its knickers in a twist and shutting down is the only solution.

I'm sure I've seen a thread on this somewhere on here. It's PIA but seems largely to do with asking the camera to focus at one extreme when it was previously focused at the other extreme.

Of course, I may be talking through my ******

5. mr500cm

mr500cm Member

-Return to Top-

No. I had a filter and my hood was attached to that.

6. mr500cm

mr500cm Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks, but I wasn’t using the TCL, just the normal lens. Once I cleared it everything seem fine for a while. It is a PIA but I love the camera too much.....im hoping a firmware update might fix it.

7. Owen Gallagher

Owen Gallagher New Member

-Return to Top-

Just to be clear, you need to use an adapter before the filter otherwise the lens hits the filter on focusing

Camera>adapter>filter (the hood attaches to the adapter on the standard Fuji items)

Immanuel and dem like this.
  8. mr500cm

mr500cm Member

-Return to Top-

I'm well aware of that.