This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

EF-X8 flash

Discussion in 'General X Camera Forum' started by Charlie Spaghetti, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Charlie Spaghetti

Charlie Spaghetti Member

-Return to Top-

Maybe many of you know this, but just fooling around with all of my Fuji stuff today, I popped the little EF-X8 provided with my new X-T2 onto my X100T to see if it worked. Of course it does!

It's a slight improvement on the built in flash: GN 8@100 ISO, as opposed to the built in, which is 4.5@100.

Plus, it gets the flash a teeny bit further away from the lens.

Neil_42 likes this.
  2. Neil_42

Neil_42 Member

-Return to Top-

Good point! I think its greater distance from the lens would make it helpful on the X-T20 as well.

3. Neil_42

Neil_42 Member

-Return to Top-

Its greater distance from the lens would be nice on the X-T20, but unfortunately, it does not work on the X-T20. Too bad - a nice idea while it lasted, but a disappointment when I tried to use it on the camera.

Neil

4. mokeiyong

mokeiyong Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Are you sure it is EF-X8 on X100T? The hot shoe on 100T is lacking 2 additional contacts, it should not work.
    The tiny flash only works on T1, Pro2, T2, and the new E3.

5. Lead

Lead Member

-Return to Top-

...of course it doesn't...

The original post is incorrect. The X100T lacks the necessary hardware to power the X8 flash. It doesn't work.

6. Charlie Spaghetti

Charlie Spaghetti Member

-Return to Top-

I humbly apologize to all. As noted, it DOESN'T work. I popped it on my X100T, and foolishly thought that the on-camera flash firing was actually the ef-x8. Sorry for any inconveniences caused.