This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Bridge at night.

Discussion in 'Street-City-Architecture' started by DaveKennedy, Oct 11, 2018.

1. DaveKennedy

DaveKennedy Premium Member

-Return to Top-

[​IMG]
    So I'd hoped to go out and get some photos of this bridge in Jersey Shore (Pennsylvania). The stars weren't there but I figured I'd see what I could get anyway. I used a few lenses to get some different looks and settled on trying to see what the abilities are of my newest lens a Kamlan 50mm f1.1. Lens flare on this lens is noticeable, but I don't mind it. Chromatic aberration is also evident on most frames but I'm willing to work with it because I think the lens will have some character that other lenses might not have. This info about the bridge is copied from a webpage about the bridge, "Bridge in Porter Township is a historic lenticular truss bridge spanning Pine Creek at Porter Township, Lycoming County, Pennsylvania. It was built in 1889, and is a single-span bridge that measures 287 feet (87 m) long and 20 feet (6.1 m) wide."
    Information about the image is, 25 second exposure, 800 ISO, about f2 (it's a click-less aperture ring). I took about 10 frames before I got this image with nice rim-lighting that lit the "bones" of the bridge nicely I think. All images taken with my Fuji XPro1 in fine, jpeg mode. No sharpening, no hocus-pocus or photo stacking fakery. Just a jpeg with just a hint of overall lightening in Photoshop 6.

bcirwin, JimFenner, CWRailman and 3 others like this.
  2. JimFenner

JimFenner Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Really good :)