This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Birds at the feeder

Discussion in 'Wildlife-Nature' started by apsphoto, Aug 10, 2018.

1. apsphoto

apsphoto Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Here are some shots of local birds at my bird feeder. Taken with an X-T2 and Fringer ef-tx adapter Pro, using a Canon 500mm f4L+1.4x extender for a focal length of 700mm, with the equiv. FOV of a 1050mm lens. These are uncropped, more to follow in second post.

mourning dove
    Please login or register to view links by Please login or register to view links, on Flickr

lesser goldfinch
    Please login or register to view links by Please login or register to view links, on Flickr

Alan

2. apsphoto

apsphoto Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Here are a few more, conditions were mostly cloudy from all the smoke from the fires, and the birds were really active bouncing all over the place and swinging around on the feed bags.

house finches

American goldfinch

Alan

3. robert

robert Administrator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

great stuff! The Fringer looks to be pretty accurate with AF. Have you used it with other lenses?

4. apsphoto

apsphoto Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks! Yes I have used it with a 300mm f2.8. That is a lens that he states it has not been tested or added to the list of adjusted lenses, it worked ok in single focus mode but hunted in continuous mode. But the 5000mm was a tested lens and it worked as well as any Fuji lens. I will test it with a few more lenses, so far I am really liking it, better than I thought it would be. The 500mm even with the 1.4x was very responsive.
    Alan

5. robert

robert Administrator Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Excellent! I have the Canon 70-200/2.8 IS and am curious how well that works with the Fringer

apsphoto likes this.
  6. johant

johant Premium Member

-Return to Top-

That looks really good indeed!

apsphoto likes this.
  7. g-foto.de

g-foto.de Member

-Return to Top-

That corresponds with my first experience with the Fringer and a Sigma 120-300 f2.8 which is also not confirmed yet by Fringer. AF-S is Pretty good. Really amazing what the Fringer can do.