This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Billingham bag recommendation for X100F

Discussion in 'X100F, X100T, X100S, X100, and X70' started by Alter Ego, Jul 12, 2017.

1. macabee

macabee Premium Member

-Return to Top-

When I use a Billingham bag for my X100T, I have the Digital and some times the Hadley small. They both work extremely well, notwithstanding the fact that Billingham bags are totally weatherproof

2. lucky7

lucky7 Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

I've been looking the Hadley small to carry an X100F and Minolta X-G1. I think it would be the ideal size to carry a couple rolls of film, batteries, etc.

3. Warwick

Warwick Premium Member

-Return to Top-

The Hadley Small is actually quite big. I can fit an XPro2, 5 lenses, a charger and various filters and cleaning cloths. The Digital is the next step down.

lucky7 likes this.
  4. lucky7

lucky7 Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

That's really good to know, actually. I'm tired of lugging backpacks around and thought it looked like a good size. I'm planning on carrying X100F, Lee filter kit, L bracket, cable release, batteries. Then a Minolta XG-1 with a couple rolls of film.

Bags are really tough. The ones that fit all my criteria are ugly as crap, or they scream 'camera.' The ones I like are expensive and typically too large. I currently use a Jansport backpack from college with an insert. Though I am used to carrying a 6d, 35mm, 135mm and EOS film body.

5. Kartoon

Kartoon Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Anyone have a opinion on the size difference between the Peak Design Everyday Sling 10L and the Billingham Hadley Pro?

6. Frank Weiser

Frank Weiser Premium Member

-Return to Top-

The Peak Design's dimensions are a bit different at 16"X9"X5.5" while the Billingham comes in at 13.8"X11"X4.8". So size wise they're close with the Peak coming in a bit larger.

If it were me I would choose what style/fabric you prefer best. I've seen and felt both bags. I just loath the style and fabric of the Peak Design but that's just me. Others can't stand the Billingham style. I chose Billingham. What will you choose? :)

Please login or register to view links by Please login or register to view links, on Flickr

7. Kartoon

Kartoon Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Thanks! Since they don't sell Billingham in Norway, I tried to find one second hand. But didn't find any. So I bought the Peak Design bag. Whats most important for me is that its weather proof and can fit a iPad Pro 12.9. Just after I bought the Peak a used black Billingham Hadley pro turned up. And as far as I can figure the Billingham is totally weather proof. While the Peak is weather resistant and won't take as much rain. I'm relatively happy with the Peak. But the iPad Pro is a bit high. So the zipper is a bit "stretched" . So I'm worried that the weather sealing takes a knock because of this. A Billingham Hadley Pro should take a 13" laptop, så a iPad Pro should be fine. Ahhh .... decisions decisions .... :-O

8. Kartoon

Kartoon Premium Member

-Return to Top-

What I don't get is this: If I understand you correctly the Billingham is not as long as the Peak. The iPad just fits on the width. Can't understand how a 13" will fit then?

9. Kartoon

Kartoon Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I have a 4 year old used one on hand. But I'm a bit uncertain since it has a beginning tear in the bottom corner. Will this affect the weather proofing?

10. lucky7

lucky7 Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

My problem is that my eyes still work, so I could never buy a Peak Design bag..... Hahah . . (!!!)
    Seriously though, 99/100 camera bags are hideous.

11. Frank Weiser

-Return to Top-

This one's not :)

Please login or register to view links by Please login or register to view links, on Flickr

lucky7 likes this.
  12. lucky7

lucky7 Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Looks nice, but too big for my needs. What brand is it?

13. Topsy

Topsy Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Yes it is........ :p

14. RMF308

RMF308 New Member

-Return to Top-

If anyone is interested, I have a new Billingham 72 (Sage and Chocolate) in the classifieds. I love the bag but going to stick with my Hadley Pro for everyday carry.

15. Frank Weiser

-Return to Top-

That's a beautiful color combination.