This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

bag for x-e3 plus 3 lenses, 18-55, 44-200, and 27

Discussion in 'X-E1, X-E2, X-E2S, X-E3' started by allanrube, Aug 28, 2018.

1. allanrube

allanrube New Member

-Return to Top-

I am looking for a bag big enough to hold the above but not too big. I would want the 2 zooms to mount vertically -.
    I would prefer a shoulder bag style.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  2. pw-pix

pw-pix Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Thinktank Retrospective 5 would do the job and have some room for additions/changes as well as items like cables, batteries, phone, sunglasses, etc.

3. Robmas4229

Robmas4229 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

This or the Domke F5xb (55-200 standing but not mounted)

4. mnhoj

mnhoj Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I also like the F5Xb for that duty. (18-55, 27 and 55-200). In fact that might be the perfect fit without any excess at all.

I like the Thinktank bags too. The retro series has a nice well designed spot for everything and still is fairly pliable for comfort on the body. The mirrorless mover series is minimal but still nice. Maybe the 20 or 25?

Back to the Domke's. If you wanted to sheath and unsheath the mounted 55-200 you could get an F803. It's taller than the 5Xb. I have the Fuji version and really like it. They came as a package deal a while back with X-H1(?) so keep an eye out for a gently used copy.

I like Peak Design. The 5L sling might be a good fit and they are very well designed as well.

Tenba Coopers are nice too.

Then there are the Billingham's which are very popular here and very nice but I have no experience with. Others should chime in.

5. joe aka back alley

joe aka back alley Premium Member

-Return to Top-

domke f6...holds a ton of gear, not really all that big, leaves room for easy in and out of camera.
    i have 2...keep fast lenses in one and fujicrons in the other and carry both xe3 with lenses attached.

6. Rosedalelad

Rosedalelad Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Fuji sell one for £29.95 and it's well made too

7. ruby.monkey

ruby.monkey Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Billingham Hadley Pro. Not the cheapest option but it will last you a lifetime and protect your kit from anything short of a hurricane.

Qwntm likes this.
  8. Richard_Reich

Richard_Reich Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

I have a Thinktank Retro 6, which is also a good size for your needs. I like mine and use it whenever I need something bigger than the Lowepro Event Messenger 100. The Lowepro screams "nothing worth stealing here!" Kind of an anti-Billingham. But, don't get the TT Retro 6 (and others in the line?) if you intend to use it in the rain. Mine seems to be designed to channel rain directly into the bag. Even with the plastic cover installed.

9. pw-pix

pw-pix Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Hmmm, I've had a Retrospective 30 for about 8 years, it's been with me all over the place in all sorts of conditions (I've never even taken the rain cover out of it's little sleeve) and I've not had anything like that happen. Sure the bag gets damp (even wet) on the outside, but no water inside. It's been the best bag I've ever had.

But I know the Retrospective 5 that I bought for my X-E3 and lenses is a bit annoying to use compared to the 30. I haven't really been out in the rain with it yet though (I did catch the edge of a tsunami for about an hour, but I was around shelter and I had an umbrella). I hope your experience with the 6 isn't what I can expect with the 5.

The annoying parts about the 5:
    - The front pocket is one large pocket, not two separate pockets on the 30 - Things all mush in together and it's harder to keep any order in there
    - The centre compartment only has the flat section of divider on one side, so the camera inserted lens down tends to go over at an angle and/or slip right down
    - The zipped pocket on the rear is just a bit too small to accept an A4 sized brochure/magazine/paper, things either get scrunched or folded
    - The interior hidden pocket area at the front seemed more difficult to access (I can't explain it exactly)

But it's still a good bag and is a good size for a smaller outfit like a Fuji body and a few primes and maybe a zoom.

10. averageguy

averageguy Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I also like the F5Xb for that duty. (18-55, 27 and 55-200). In fact that might be the perfect fit without any excess at all.

I like the Thinktank bags too. The retro series has a nice well designed spot for everything and still is fairly pliable for comfort on the body. The mirrorless mover series is minimal but still nice. Maybe the 20 or 25?

Back to the Domke's. If you wanted to sheath and unsheath the mounted 55-200 you could get an F803. It's taller than the 5Xb. I have the Fuji version and really like it. They came as a package deal a while back with X-H1(?) so keep an eye out for a gently used copy.

I like Peak Design. The 5L sling might be a good fit and they are very well designed as well.

Tenba Coopers are nice too.

Then there are the Billingham's which are very popular here and very nice but I have no experience with. Others should chime in.

Just bought one of these for my XE3....to compliment the 'Field Pouch'.....find their stuff really well made ..use their shoulder and wrist strap as well...I like using one system

11. Spock66

Spock66 Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Fully agree with this, can also accommodate a surprising amount of kit for its size, I would recommend the FibreNyte over the Canvas version.

12. Gilzuma

Gilzuma New Member

-Return to Top-

Please login or register to view links

This is the bag I use. It was perfect for travel while I was in Europe for a few weeks. I was able to easily carry The 18-55, 55-200, Samyang 12mm. Also I carried my wife and my passports in the RFID protected area and could carry my iPad mini in the pac too. I had a spare battery, and my wallet, as well as my iPhone, mini spray bottle for flowers, and remote trigger (manual screw in type).

It was really nice too knowing that in a downpour it included a rain cover, the straps are cut proof and the front of the bag includes protective mesh as well to protect against cutting. I found it easy to use the bag as a steady area when changing lens, and the size meant no matter where I was it was never in the way.

It would easily accommodate the 55-200, 18-55 and the 27 with room to spare.