This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

A silly poll born of curiosity about my fellow Fuji shooters...

Discussion in 'Forum Cafe - Everything Off Topic' started by liggy, Apr 27, 2017.

?
  1. Manual

72 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Automatic

17 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. Who would buy a car strictly for pleasure?

15 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. ebruder

ebruder Premium Member

-Return to Top-

The E30 M3 was terrific. I drive an E86 Z4MCoupe with the S54 engine. What a terrific car!

EB

2. liggy

liggy GASaholic Camera Fondler

-Return to Top-

Oh yeah... E30 M3 with an S54. That would be my FrankenBimmer. 2,900 lbs. Big ass fender flares. Silky inline N/A 6. Mmmmm.... :)

3. Mischa

Mischa Vintage lover

-Return to Top-

I would probably go for a manual, I guess.... (oh well, 90% of all cars in my country were manuals when I learned to drive anyways..)

Ah, yes, we did.. bought this a few years back with my stepfather and am trying to save up to take it over for myself :D
    _DSF1340.jpg

_DSF5337.jpg

IMG_7891.jpg

Great wheels, K&W suspension, Tanabe racing exhaust, K&N cold air intake.
    Steel brake lines and oil temp/pressure gauges are at the ready but he (my stepfather, Honda dealer and mechanic) hasn't had time to install them.
    Also, a 100 cell Berk cat will be bought soon and I'm considering to get some Accord Type S brakes to upgrade the oem brakes without much hassle (and by hassle I mean the greatest pita you can imagine when it comes to car tuning. We're talking 10-20k in expenses just to get the custom brakes street legal, because there simply weren't any aftermarket brake kits that had been approved universalliy (manufacturers pay between 100-200k for that and with such a rare car they simply never bothered..)

My girl gets maybe 1'000 - 2'000km a year, when the weather is good. I've also spent two days on the race track, for training, and will hopefully be able to bring her to Germany/France to a bigger track in a year or two.

LionSpeed and liggy like this.
  4. Keith Towers

Keith Towers Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I like manual transmission in my cars. I learnt to drive in Canada using automatic transmission and when I returned to the UK I had to go through the learning process all over again. That was 45 years ago now and happy to stay with manual. My cameras on the other hand I prefer aperture value and auto focus. That's because my eyes aren't as sharp as they once were. At the end of the day we should all do what suits us best and realise that there is no right or wrong way, just the way we do things the way we like them.

My first car was a 1964 Pontiac Stratochief and my current car is a Toyota Corolla.