This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

A couple from the Battle Proms at Highclere

Discussion in 'Portraits, People, & Pets' started by Earley Man, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Earley Man

Earley Man Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I went to the above on Saturday the 4th and met some of the members of the Napoleonic War Society, I hope that is the correct name, who were providing characters for some of the displays. I do have their permission to post the images on here.

Jon 1.jpeg

Mark & Nickey 1.JPG

2. Earley Man

Earley Man Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Thank you for your "likes", taking these was a bit of a different way of working for me.

3. runswithsizzers

runswithsizzers Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I love it when people dress up and let us take their pictures! I am normally too shy to photograph people on the streets, shops, and WalMart parking lots of America - but at Please login or register to view links, Please login or register to view links, Please login or register to view links, and Please login or register to view links it's fair game!

One small observation - in both photos your subjects are facing directly into the light. I call this kind of lighting "Kodak Light" because the package insert that used to come in the box with Kodak film recommened this lind of lighting. It's certainly effective for capturing detail and avoiding shadows - but your subjects have the sun in their eyes, and it's making them a little bit uncomfortable. In future, you might try repositioning the subjects so the light is more from the side (?)

Then again, I am a total hypocrite for suggesting that you do something that I would be too shy to do myself.:eek:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018