This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

9/11 Memorial Liberty State Park NJ

Discussion in 'Street-City-Architecture' started by jptsr1, Nov 13, 2017 at 1:37 AM.

1. jptsr1

jptsr1 Active Member

-Return to Top-

Please login or register to view links by Please login or register to view links, on Flickr

Please login or register to view links by Please login or register to view links, on Flickr

2. Scott Burkett

Scott Burkett Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Strikingly similar to the 9/11 Memorial in Shanksville, PA where Flight 93 went down in the farmer's field. thanks for sharing these awesome shots.

3. jptsr1

jptsr1 Active Member

-Return to Top-

I see that a lot with memorials, especially in the DC area. Perhaps its spontaneous discovery or maybe they work from a template? I had thought that this one was supposed to be aligned with ground zero when you look through it but its not. Still a moving tribute but i agree its not all that original.

Thanks for looking!!

4. zen

zen Premium Member

-Return to Top-

The memorial lines up with where you would have seen the twin towers if you were looking across the river at the skyline, its not supposed to line up with the freedom tower. The tribute in lights and the freedom tower arent where the twin towers stood, but the memorial does line up with the old towers though.

5. jptsr1

jptsr1 Active Member

-Return to Top-

I'll take your word for it. I stood there for quite a while looking down the length and looking at photos on line of the towers and it didn't appear to be the spot. I worked at Solly (in 7WT) on and off in the 90ies and thought I had a pretty good Idea where the towers stood in relation to the end of the Island. So much has changed since then. Doesn't even look like the same skyline.