This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

6K for 200 f2.

Discussion in 'Fujifilm X News & Rumors' started by David Anderson, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Bud Weiser

Bud Weiser Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Wow. That's good to know. So why waste my time with 3rd party lenses when Fuji fits the bill.

Narsuitus likes this.
  2. g-foto.de

g-foto.de New Member

-Return to Top-

You hit the nail!
    As a former professional (Canon) sportsphotographer, I would have dreamed of a lens like this. A very versatile 200/f2 (=300/f2) especially for evening games under floodlight. In combination with the lowlight capabilities of the X sensor - just a dream. But on top with the TC1,4x you get a 300/f2.8 (=400/f2.8) for soccer and track&field - assuming that the AF does not loose much speed. And even if you need equivalent 600mm f4 - no problem with the TC 2x. Getting all these classic FF focal lentghs and apertures with only one lens, is just phantastic.

Everyone doubting that working with a TC is pro - in the 90s I used my Canon 200/f1.8 even with a TC2x for soccer games and it worked out. And this was in the 90s!
    Keep in mind that Fuji is going to develop special designed TC for this beast. I can imagine that these two new TC will be a new generation and a next step.

Everything behind this showcase lens, is getting a feet into the professional market.

Jonimages likes this.
  3. llevine

llevine Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Isn’t the focusing speed and frames per second of the gfx somewhat slow for it to be considered a sports camera?

4. llevine

llevine Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Sorry, got confused. Thought you were talking about the new 250 mm for the gfx.