This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

US National Monuments under review, and a place for public comments

Discussion in 'General Photography Discussion' started by apsphoto, May 19, 2017 at 5:46 PM.

1. apsphoto

apsphoto Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Hi all,

As some of you know there are several National Monuments that are under review to perhaps change them and to allow development. They are all beautiful place for photography and there a lot of reasons to save them. This includes Bear's Ear. Below is a link to a website for voicing your opinions. It also links to the official US Government Site for public commentary. The comment period for Bear's Ear ends on May 26, so please visit the site and place your opinion before then. There is also a free ebook with pictures from the National Monuments. Please do comment and help save these photographic gems.

http://www.landalmostlost.com/

Thanks and please feel free to post this else where and get the opinions out there. I have been to many of them and they have great photo opportunities.

Alan

2. Shoeless

Shoeless New Member

-Return to Top-

Thank you for reminding us that this, too, should be a part of our focus.

fugu82 and apsphoto like this.
  3. runswithsizzers

runswithsizzers Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Unfortunately, Grand Staircase–Escalante National Monument is also on Trump's hit list. There are some fantastic slot canyons there with HUGE photographic potential.

I have posted my comment at the link you provided, but I am not optimistic about the future any of our public recreational lands as long as the present kleptocracy is in power.