This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Slap me! X-T2 rocks for video

Discussion in 'X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10' started by Pobert58, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Pobert58

Pobert58 Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

I have several Canon cameras at work (5Ds, 5D MkIII et al.) and have been having to shoot video with them for the last few years. Of course being mirrored cameras, the viewfinder shuts off when one begins shooting video, and one must then look at the LCD. This is a problem; bright sunlight in my outdoor agricultural settings - the LCD is useless. Also, all of the focus changes must be made manually, but since one can't see the LCD this is a pretty impossible task. So I hauled my X-T2 to work just to try it, and I was blown away at how well it shoots video.

The X-T2 has no viewfinder blackout, the focus tracking still works fine in video mode (choose your preferred mode from the 6 offered), one can apply the film simulations to video as it is being shot, and one can reduce the highlights and shadows as the video is shot. 4K? Yep, it does that. The audio is perfect with the 3.5mm jack and an external microphone. Oh my, what a joy. And then I started looking for online tutorials on X-T2 video shooting. There are just a few, and most of the video comments/suggestions come inside reviews that discuss mostly stills. But this camera rocks for video (as a handful of online reviewers have mentioned).

For those of you with the Vertical Power Booster Grip, Really Right Stuff makes an L-bracket. It is not listed on their website yet, but it is here: Really Right Stuff BVPBXT2-L L-Plate BVPBXT2 L-PLATE B&H Photo . Kirk has one as well.

So my little X-T2 that I bought for still photos has now made a bevy of Canons obsolete. It's all good.

David Anderson likes this.
  2. David Anderson

David Anderson Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I'm very new to video, but I'm very happy with what I'm shooting with the X-T2.
    For a video beginner, the film simulations are fantastic.