This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Misc. Adapted Rokinon 21mm f1.4 - In the Twilight Woods

Discussion in 'Lens-Specific Photo Archive' started by Wintersong, May 16, 2017.

1. Wintersong

Wintersong Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

Fuji X-T1 w/Rokinon 21mm f1.4 (Fuji mount, not adapted)
    ISO6400, 1/12 sec, f2
    Processed in Capture One & Photoshop

[​IMG]

2. runswithsizzers

runswithsizzers Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

That is a fantastic capture, in both the first and second sense of the word. Looks like an illustration plate for a modern fairy tale. However, I don't get much benefit from all the dark background above the character. The mood would be even more dark and mysterious without that patch of blue sky at the very top. You might consider cropping it a bit more square, expecially for screen viewing?

Wintersong likes this.
  3. Wintersong

Wintersong Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

I've tried it a few different ways, and I can never decide if I like the crop or the full better. I worry that it gets too monochromatic without the hint of twilight at the top.

Tighter 2x3
    [​IMG]

4x5
    [​IMG]

4. runswithsizzers

runswithsizzers Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

I see what you mean. I think the 4 x 5 has more initial impact, expecially when viewed on a wide screen, but the tighter crops do get a bit claustrophobic. With the distant sky there is more context - more questions about Where are we, and What's going on? In the tighter crops it's more about the subject and less about the setting. Works either way.