This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Angry Photographer: FUJI IS MODES: Mode 1 & Mode 2 examined and explained

Discussion in 'X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10' started by Paul20, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Arjay

Arjay Admin Staff Member

-Return to Top-

Wow... what''s the topic of this thread again? Can you help me? ;)

Echo likes this.
  2. crashton

crashton Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

About an angry guy who became an angry woman or some such???? o_O

3. X-Factor

X-Factor Premium Member

-Return to Top-

To be politically correct he became angry transgendered.:rolleyes:

4. Kevhead

Kevhead New Member

-Return to Top-

I didn't think under armor made shirts in that size. That guy is a joke, I've watched a few of his videos. From what I can tell he just hates Sony cameras and doesn't know how to shoot quality images. He's a Fuji fan boy and gear hog "button pusher". His words...

5. Jonimages

Jonimages Premium Member

-Return to Top-

It's interesting how internet forum members will bash controversial internet figures like KR, Angry Photographer etc with the same vitriol they attribute to said personality and it goes for pages at a time.

kerrydeare likes this.
  6. Kevhead

Kevhead New Member

-Return to Top-

I hear you, but that Angry Photographer give real photographers a bad name. Not only has he lied about almost everything he claims to be, he talks up lenses he owns in order to sell them on eBay. Ever find a single photo from him that was even considered marginal? Yet people watch and listen to his rants and lies, purchase based on his recommendations. The truth will come out, it already has by others on your tube, look it up.

7. Jonimages

Jonimages Premium Member

-Return to Top-

I like watching his videos and take them for what they are, his opinions. There are more important things in the world to get your undies in a wad over.

kerrydeare likes this.
  8. PBJello

PBJello Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

KR is a selfish mischief maker and deserves every bit of vitriol that he gets, IMO. He goes out of his way to make trollish click-bait comments that are simply untrue but designed to irritate people and thus generate discussion and ultimately inbound links, thus increasing his search engine visibility on the Internet.

Angry Photographer, on the other hand, strikes me as someone who is genuinely trying to help other photographers. He gives many practical tips while being mildly entertaining, and he doesn't rely on affiliate links. I dislike his know-it-all attitude, his silly biases and his regular self-aggrandizement, such as when he claims to know more about something than a dozen other people combined, etc. His know-it-all attitude is especially ironic when you see the very modest level of his photography. He has some huge personality faults, but also has some practical knowledge and seems to be decently motivated at least.

Comparing these two, I suspect that KR has the far more successful business model, which is very, very unfortunate for the photography world.

9. Rblum22

Rblum22 Member

-Return to Top-

I actually agree (on all accounts) with Jonimages and PBJello above. I have no issues with the Angry Photographer.

I find some of his videos to be very informative and he does address a lot of issues with the Fuji X system that no one else does. For example - he was the first person to post critical evaluations of the X-T2 and the X100F. It's amazing how many times his videos pop up on forums like this when someone asks an obscure question.

As much as we like to bitch about him, he has almost 91,000 subscribers and his videos have been viewed almost 25 million times...he is doing something right. He is taking the time to make these videos, independent of vendor sponsorship, and I do appreciate his effort.

PBJello likes this.
  10. mfk

mfk Active Member

-Return to Top-

Coming back to image stabilisation. First picture made with IS continuous, second with IS shooting only. Lens: 100-400mm handheld and set to 400mm. Crop by factor 2. ISO 400 and body X-T1.
    To be honest, IS CONTINUOUS adds some comfort in shooting at 400mm. A gain in image sharpness is marginal and may need more pictures to confirm.

5410_IS continuous.jpg

5411_IS on shooting.jpg

PBJello likes this.
  11. GregWard

GregWard Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Forgive my selecting only part of your post - but, for anybody who doesn't know, what I've quoted from your post is exactly how he came to be disliked on this forum I think. He was posting at one stage and illustrating exactly what you say. Given how friendly/understanding most people are here you can guess how well his attitude went down here I'm afraid.

I'm not particularly trying to rake up old coals. But that's why there's some negativity around.

12. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

His ranty larger than life tatted up persona is just a ruse to get viewers, be honest who would watch bland mild mannered photographer drone on.
    If you want him to go away stop looking and biting then he will fade into obscurity

13. GregWard

GregWard Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Personally I think I got about 2-3 minutes into one of his videos and have never looked since. I couldn't last any longer! It wasn't just the ranty style - he was also talking complete rubbish. Not a great combination!

14. Paul Levin

Paul Levin Well-Known Member

-Return to Top-

I think this guy's name is Martin? Regardless, his reviews are excellent.

David Anderson likes this.
  15. kerrydeare

kerrydeare X-T1 Diehard

-Return to Top-

This bloke provides a diversion if one is waiting for a train that may never arrive.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    David Anderson and Arjay like this.