This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Acquire Teather won't open with Mac OS El Capitan (10.11)

Discussion in 'X-T2, X-T1, X-T20, X-T10' started by lbrown44, Mar 17, 2017.

1. lbrown44

lbrown44 Active Member

-Return to Top-

Another thread was about someone who couldn't open Acquire in Windows, and a solution was to have the camera hooked up before trying. I tried that also and still clicking on the app gets nothing. Anyone successfully using Acquire with Mac and has any suggestions? I tried it on two computers, both running El Cap, with same result. Thanks. (I also have the PRO plug in for Lightroom on both, but it isn't running so shouldn't be a problem.)

2. ojporqpojrewpo

ojporqpojrewpo Premium Member

-Return to Top-

It works for me with the latest OS. Is that Sierra?

3. lbrown44

lbrown44 Active Member

-Return to Top-

Yes sierra is the latest. I'm not upgrading as I have other apps that won't work with it. However. Acquire says it's good for 10.7 through 10.11 also, which goes way back.

4. Goldingd

Goldingd Premium Member

-Return to Top-

Ok, I do not have this plugin, but did a quick google search, and came up with this video

How to shoot tethered with the new Fujifilm X Acquire software - Fuji X News

Apparently the app (actually a plugin) has no interface, if you start it, nothing appears to happe, but the app will be done in the toolbar, hidden, see video, and can to some point be controlled, But you actually need to access it via your post processing software.

vague_logic likes this.
  5. janda

janda New Member

-Return to Top-

Works fine for me with my new X-T2 I got with help from trade in of my X Pro1 and XT1. Use orange usb3 tether tool cable to Sierra on my Macbook. At last can tether and pick up files in hot folder in Capture One Pro 10. Saves going via lightroom as I have had to do to date.
    Great improvement